Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New User - Webmail issue (Configuration)
  •  
bisman

Send a private message to this user
I am a new Kerio user and trying to get this going this weekend. I have Connect installed and all seems well.
I am trying to connect the 1st PC using the Outlook Connector to the server but it will not work. I tried going to the Webmail page using the browser from the PC and it will not come up. It will come up correctly on the server.

I would really appreciate any help as I need to get this done this weekend and there is no support available from Kerio.

Thanks!

Tom
  •  
tonyswu

Please provide more information, things like what kind of computer the server is, OS version, basic network scheme (behind firewall or not), how the PC is connecting to the server (LAN IP or public IP).
  •  
bisman

Server is running Windows 2008 R2 as a DC. PC is Win7 Pro joined to the domain successfully.

I am trying to connect via the lan. Connectivity has been verified. Windows firewall is running. I have turned it off just to see if that is the problem. Still doesn't work.

Trying to access webmail through browser (IE9)

Thanks!

Tom
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You have probably another application occupying ports 80 and 443 (IIS ?).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
bisman

IIS is running but I changed ports there.

OK, tried disabling Win firewall again and now it works. That's good but obviously I can't leave it turned off.

What ports do I need to open for this to work on the local LAN?

Thanks!

Tom
  •  
tonyswu

Login to your Kerio Connect administration interface, click on Services, there is a list of services and ports they use.
  •  
bisman

Yeah, I found the list.

Web Mail now works but only using SSL. Is this normal?

Tom
  •  
garetjax

Sounds like you may still have something else (IIS, Apache) controlling port 80. You could try adding an additonal IP to your server and then configure Kerio to use the additional IP.
  •  
bisman

Just did a netstat -o and nothing is using port 80
  •  
pcunix

If nothing is using it, you should be able to go to Services and start up http.

If it fails, it's going to put something in the error log. Paste that here if it doesn't make immediate sense.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
bisman

Found the problem.

In creating FW rule, I left out port 80.

That's what happens when you should have called it a day and gone to bed.

Thanks for the assist!

Tom
Previous Topic: Mountain Lion - iCal and Contacts
Next Topic: Send to email to all users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 23:52:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00518 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.