Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Digium tdm410P card on
  •  
ls

Send a private message to this user
Hi we have added a new Digium tdm410P with 4-port analogue FXO card to our system. Operator is installed on VMware Virtual Appliance hosted on Win XP.
We start WinXP and we ignore the non-recognition of Digium card ...
in the configuration of VMware, we can not indicate the Digium ... and we can not seem to find the ports under Cal Routing ...
I have to load the drivers in win?
Thanks in advance...

Stefano
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi Stefano,

I believe that it's not possible to use what you described on WinXP with VMware Virtual Appliance.

We successfully tested Digium cards in following virtual environments:
- VMware ESXi
- XEN

Anyway I don't recommend you to run it as production system even with VMware ESXi or XEN. Please install Kerio Operator directly on the PC.

Jakub
  •  
silars

I was considering utilizing Operator with the Digium card under ESXi. However, your recommendation has me second guessing that route.

Can you provide some extra information regarding the recommendation to not do it? Issues seen? Or, just a lack of any QA behind such a configuration?

Thanks.
  •  
ls

Thanks Jacob

Reinstalled on PC.

I can not import the backup operator made ​​under VMware ... does not recognize the file ....

re-config ?
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

the Digium cards behave in ESXi (4.1.0) different then directly in OS. Sometimes kernel reports timing errors, sometimes the card is not recognized after reboot. It also depends on which HW (I mean motherboard) you run the ESXi - in some cases ESXi doesn't recognize the card correctly.

We haven't tested it under heavy load.

Kerio Operator works perfectly in ESXi like pure VoIP PBX. But again I wouldn't operate it as a production system with Digium card under ESXi without large testing.

If you have some positive experience with Digium HW virtualization please post it to our forum.

Jakub
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi Stefano,

please send me the backup (jzeman<_at_>kerio.com) - I try to look at it.

Jakub
  •  
silars

Thanks for the reply, Jakub. Excellent information.
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi,
Is it possible to use this card (TDM410P) in a different mode: 2-FXO plus 2-FXS?
In some cases it is necessary to have different interfaces provisioned in just one card.

Looking forward to hearing from Kerio regarding this subject.

Regards,
Reinaldo
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

There is no support for FXS modules in Operator. If you want to connect analogue phones to Operator, you can use various SIP adapters. Some of them are directly supported by the provisioning system.

Best
Filip
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Hello,
i know the thread is a bit old but i have a doubt.
We plan to install Kerio Operator on a ESXI (6.0)
Do you think we can use a Digium TDM410 on it?
I see you have tested it but at the same time you do not recommend it so i'm a bit confused
thanks in advance
Sigfrido
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

There are a few related threads regarding this topic
http://forums.kerio.com/t/21124//
http://forums.kerio.com/?t=msg&goto=125884&
As previously stated, this is a fragile type of configuration and is not recommended for production environments.
You might consider an external gateway device. For example the Grandstream GXW series.
We have documentation in our knowledge base http://kb.kerio.com/1805

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Thank you Brian for your quick reply. The Grandstream device seams a viable alternatives.It has also a reasonable price..
i'll check into that.
Regards
Sigfrido
Previous Topic: Change greeting (Audio) from main menu remotely
Next Topic: SMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 22 04:52:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04720 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.