Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X Server Mountain Lion compatibility
  •  
Computerdoc

Send a private message to this user
Is the latest version of Kerio connect compatible with OS X Server Mountain Lion?
  •  
tonyswu

Not sure. I've got a test ML server around, I could probably install KC on it and give it a shot...
  •  
Computerdoc

I wonder if there is any official statement from Kerio regarding Mountain Lion?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Version 7.4.3 is compatible. However, we've got two reports in last few days about one quite serious issue, which seems to be related to OS X 10.8 system.
So, if possible, please wait with an upgrade.
  •  
bzeb

is this issue related to a complete hang of the 'mailserver' process in 10.8?

if so... same here. shuts down ALL services when it happens. seems to happen inconveniently very early morning too.

has happened to me 4 times since putting Kerio on a 10.8 machine a bit over a week ago.
  •  
bzeb

now it has been 5 times in 8 days Kerio hangs the CPU since moving to 10.8...

killing all services and requiring the 'mailserver' process be force-quit (rebooting the machine works too obviously).
  •  
bzeb

and now a 6th time. and the first time it happened twice in one day. and the first time it has happened in the middle of the day.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bzeb wrote on Tue, 04 September 2012 13:29

is this issue related to a complete hang of the 'mailserver' process in 10.8?

Yes, it is. We've localised the issue in the system library and now we are working on getting more details.

If possible, please shutdown the mailserver process with "kill -s 6" command and upload a coredump file to our systems with Kassist utility ( http://kb.kerio.com/article/using-kerio-assist-tool-207.html). Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2012 11:20]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

UPDATE: We've found a possible cause of this problem. It is isolated only to OS X 10.8, it does not happen with older OS X versions.
As a workaround you can disable all debug logging in Kerio Connect and restart the Kerio Connect once in a day (or install Kerio Connect to OS X 10.7).
  •  
Alin Pastrama

How does one disable all debug logging?

RTFM edit: manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-debuglog.html

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2012 18:15]

•  
bzeb

what is the best way to schedule a daily restart of Kerio Connect?

a launchd script or something? automator maybe? ideas?

i'd rather not schedule a restart of the entire machine. that takes too long and doesn't seem necessary as restarting the 'mailserver' process alone will fix the hanging.
  •  
dominic@cbx.com

as root, I'd do either a launchd or cron run of /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/KerioMailServer [stop|start|restart]

http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-monitor. html

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2012 19:34]

•  
Alin Pastrama

I have a script in place that checks the CPU load from Kerio every 15 minutes and restarts it if the value is higher than 50 (i.e. more than 50% of the CPU time is taken by Kerio), and then logs it.

I did not see any difference in the amount of such restarts since disabling debug logging yesterday.

PS: to restart every day at midnight:
crontab -e
0 0 * * * kill -9 `ps aux | grep /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/mailserver | grep -v grep | cut -c 17-23`
(I have to kill it since the Kerio restart script does not work for me when it has already hanged.)
  •  
GlennK

Restarting and killing so frequently is going to raise hell with the index files. Try to do it off hours if possible.
Alin Pastrama

I cannot choose the time when Kerio overloads the CPU and needs to be killed.
Previous Topic: Distributed domains and public folders
Next Topic: Migrate from Windows to ESXi
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 01:41:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00510 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.