Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Outlook 2007/2010 cannot receive pop emails behind Kerio Control (Outlook 2007/2010 cannot receive pop emails behind Kerio Control )
  •  
CK Technologies

Send a private message to this user
Dear All,

I have installed Kerio Control replacing the original Firewall but I am having problems to receive pop e mails when using outlook 2007 or outlook 2010. The outlook downloads only the first e mail message and hangs on getting the second message. I have tried the outlook 2003 version and works perfectly fine(i.e. all messages are downloaded without any problems). Have the same issues on all machines that are behind this firewall.

Appreciate your replies....thanks in advance Smile

Keith
  •  
ICT and Me

Keith,

What is your mailserver? Kerio Connect or something else?
And what is the logging saying about pop3 connection?

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
CK Technologies

Hi ICT,

The mail server is not Kerio connect. The mails are hosted on the domain provcider server.

Couldn't find anything wrong from the logs. I created a temp rule to allow all protocols from that particular IP address but still the same.

Keith
  •  
ICT and Me

Keith, if you want PM your rules.
Maybe I can take a look and find a answer.
Screenshots please Wink

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
CK Technologies

Hi ICT,

Here you go ... pretty simple Smile

•  
ICT and Me

I suggest minor change in one rule.

Minor change:
Put by source of the Internet Access rule the firewall too.

Try this first. We makes this change in case of some connection problems.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Make sure you are configuring Outlook 2007 and 2010 to not use SSL. Your Internet Access rule is only allowing the non-secure ports (POP3 vs POP3S, SMTP vs SMTPS).

If you are running Kerio Control on Windows and you are running any antivirus software on that same computer, make sure it is configured to not scan the folder C:\Program Files\Kerio\WinRoute Firewall\.
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Hello,

turn on column displaying type of Inspector, in Traffic rules. Then define a rule with service POP3 (port 110) with Inspector set to None. If you use NAT, set it to NAT also.

•  
tauseef-it

add (pop3s and smtps) to your traffic rules, many of hosting servers using secure mailing, may be ms office 2007/2010 having some issues only with pop3 or smtp, or try to create a separate rule for emails, i am using a separate rule for emails:

source:local interface > destination:mail.yourdomain.com > service:pop3, pop3s,smtp,smtps > action:allow > translation: nat balancing per host

and it is working absolutely fine, hope it helps...
Previous Topic: What is "unknown user" or "not connected" in stats?
Next Topic: Cannot access some web sites
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:24:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.