Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 7.4.3, 10.8 and Calendar (formerly iCal)
  •  
j.turley

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Has anyone noticed any speed issues when connecting the new 10.8 Calendar in Mountain Lion to Kerio using CalDav?

We have set-up a test user using the 'Kerio Connect Account Assistant', which seems to work just fine.

If we quit and re-launch the Calendar app it takes about 15-20 seconds for any of the existing calendars or calendar events to appear. I'm thinking it's an issue with the Calendar app, but can't be sure.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Kerio Connect 7.4.3
Mac OS X 10.8.1
  •  
j.turley

Hmm, anybody else seeing this?

I've been looking through the iCal logs on the client and see the following message, which seems to be the issue, but I'm not sure why at this point?

07/09/2012 16:52:18.452 Calendar[815]: CalendarAgent one-way operation timed out
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.calendar.agent_timeout
com.apple.message.summarize: YES

I've done a clean install of Kerio on another box and am not seeing this issues, so assume that there is something not quite right on my live system? Thing is it appears to be working just fine for 10.6.8 iCal clients.

Any ideas?
  •  
s.elberts

Hi there, first of your not alone.

Im running a set of 30 clients on my Kerio Connect 7.4.3 server and yes the 10.8.1 clients are very slow.
Were using alot of delegates on these clients en it takes hours to sync it with the server.
Most of the time we have time outs and even the 10.6.8 clients experiencing issues.

I guess both 7.4.3 and 10.8 have some performances bugs in it.

Ofcourse i called the support desk and i have an ticket, but i can get any usefull information

Hope some people here that can help us out.
  •  
s.elberts

O ye i can see the server is having trouble because the mail server app in activity monitor is constant above the 150% CPU usage.
My Server is a Mac Pro server 2 x 2,4 GHZ Quad core
  •  
Gregg Hatchell

Hi Guys,

Since you are both using Mountain Lion and Connect 7.4.3, I recommend that you read the following article in our knowledge base. I can't guarantee this will fix your Calendar issues, but since you are reporting some high CPU issues it is certainly worth looking at.

http://kb.kerio.com/1201

•  
s.elberts

Thanks for your reply, i did what the article told me. But still nothing and the CPU is still rising, as the article says i dont have that high ports. (they have like 20K and my server says like 500)

•  
j.turley

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your email, but I'm not seeing high CPU usage and my server is NOT running Mac OS X 10.8.

My issue is with 10.8 clients connecting to our Mac OS X 10.6.8 server, running Kerio Connect 7.4.3 and the 10.8 Calendar app (formerly called iCal) pausing for 15-20 seconds for no apparent reason when launching or when un-checking calendars.

It's mostly consistent and re-produceable and I can't figure out why. My server is an Xserve, 2 x 2.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 24GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8, 3 x 1TB hardware RAID 5 array, serving about 80 users running 10.6.8 and they don't see problems wit iCal.

I've checked the logs (client and server) and can't see anything weird going on apart from this on the 10.8 client machine.

Quote:
07/09/2012 16:52:18.452 Calendar[815]: CalendarAgent one-way operation timed out
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.calendar.agent_timeout
com.apple.message.summarize: YES

I have set-up another test server with Kerio Connect and have 10.8 Calendar clients connecting to that without issue.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be most welcome.

Thanks

Jason

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2012 15:52]

•  
giobbi

Same here, got hi cpu when users connect, started about two weeks ago. I haven't made any changes besides upgrading kerio (to 7.4.1).

weekgraph
yeargraph
  •  
miker789

Same here. Kerio Server 7.4.3 on OS 10.7.5.
Mac clients on OS 10.6.8.
They run great.

Setup 1 test Mac on OS 10.8.2 and it is constantly slow. Go to Console, All Messages and it is a constant stream of "CalendarAgent: Calendaring data empty" every time it tries to contact the server.
It bogs down all other applications that the user is trying to run. User reports that ever since the 10.8.2 upgrade that her Mac is slower.
Well, this would explain it.

Any ideas?
  •  
giobbi

Did the high cpu go away after upgrading to Kerio 8?

p
Previous Topic: Calendar server: iCal users loose connection / can't connect to server
Next Topic: Internal mail across local domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:42:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00510 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.