Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Remotely wipe synchronized files (How to deal with company files on private computers?)
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We've been using Workspace very lightly since its first release and it's stil not widely used. I don't think that any of our employees know about the File Library Manager and the fact that file libraries can be synchronized to their local computer.

That is really a nice feature and perhaps the best feature in Workspace 2, but I also think that it introduces a security problem for companies. AFAIK it's not possible to stop employees from downloading and installing the Workspace Connector on their personal computers and synchronize the files they have access to?

As long as they work in the company that's also quite ok but what can I as an adminstrator do when they leave the company? I have no way of wiping the files they have already synchronized and that's actually quite a problem.

At the moment we allow connection to our Workspace over the Internet, but I might have to require a VPN connection because then I can control which computers can connect to Workspace.

I would like to suggest an option that allows an administrator to wipe locally synchronized files unless someone else has a solution already?

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

If you (or an owner of the filelibrary) remove all rights to the filelibrary assigned to a user, the filelibrary will be automatically unsubscribed and removed from the user's local machine.
  •  
renefn

Ahh... that's nice! I hadn't thought of that. We just have to make sure to remote the rights before the user has a chance to copy any files out of the Kerio Workspace folder, but that shouldn't be a big problem.

Thank you for your help. Then we're getting closer to a push to get all employees to use Workspace more.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: Workspace 2 & new documents on the client
Next Topic: Original date stamp on uploaded files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:42:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00332 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.