Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook MAPI support without KOC (Can you connect with Office Outlook (Windows) without KOC?)
  •  
mrpijey

Send a private message to this user
I am running Kerio Connect 7.3.2, and to that I've got my iPhone, iPad and Android device connected through the Exchange mode (MAPI) protocol. I also got Outlook for Mac OS X connected using Exchange mode. I am not using any kind of connector software on the Mac.

What I am trying to do now is connect my Windows version of Outlook 2010 to my Kerio server without using the KOC software. I want to be able to connect to my server from work without installing any extra software on the computer.

However it constantly fails with an error saying it can't connect to the server. It works just fine on the Mac and iOS devices on the same network. Do you really need the KOC software on the premiere email software by the same company that actually created the MAPI protocol?

Summary: I don't want to use the KOC software but still connect Office Outlook 2010 to my Kerio email server. Without using POP or IMAP, but MAPI mode (or Microsoft Exchange mode).

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 23:22]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Neither iOS devices nor Outlook for Mac use MAPI. iOS devices use Activesync, Outlook 2011 uses EWS protocol.

The only client using MAPI is indeed Outlook for Windows and KOC is required.

Exchange mode is not a synonym for MAPI.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
mrpijey

Ah, I understand. And I guess neither EWS or ActiveSync can be used with the Windows Outlook version?
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

•  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

That is correct. With Outlook on Windows you need to use the Kerio Outlook Connector. Without the connector you are limited to either using an IMAP or POP3 account.
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

That is correct; with Outlook on Windows you have to use the Kerio Outlook Connector.
Previous Topic: Formatting Phone Numbers
Next Topic: Suggest idea button in admin console
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 04:19:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.