Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Search Deleted Items
  •  
Machete

Send a private message to this user
Hi - Is it possible to search the deleted items in Workspace?

Why do I need to search the deleted items?
A - I use a 3rd party application to bulk rename photos. I Sync folders through the Workspace Client to my desktop and then use the software to rename the files. When I do this, the Workspace Client sees these as new files and since the old files are gone, it deletes those on the server and then uploads the same files with the new names. I now have hundreds of photos in my deleted items and no way to selectively delete those without deleting everything in the deleted items.

While I find we need a way to search the deleted items, I also am finding that we need a way to permanently delete specific files.

I hope someone can tell me these are already features and I just couldn't find them.
  •  
BudDurland

You can't do the rename in a temp folder, then move the new files to the KWS sync folder? IIRC, in Windows, a rename operation can also move a file to a different folder.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Machete

Hi - Changing them before importing into KWS is not an option. Sometimes I get 100 photos in at once for an inspection report and it might be a week+ until the report gets completed (when the photos get renamed). Until the report is done, I have to store them in Kerio so they are in a "controlled" system. So I have to rename them after they are in the KWS.
Previous Topic: Tried to convince clients to switch to KWS ... see why they not want it.
Next Topic: Change local folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 03:29:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.