Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » easy firewall question
  •  
TripleF

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

I just wanna know what ports are needed on a secured firewall for Kerio Workspace : 80, 443 as long as u keep the default conf and 4060
no other one needed?

thanks a lot for ur replies.

Smile
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello TripleF,

Kerio Workspace is completely web-based and all ports you need are 80 and 443. If you always force HTTPS, you don't even need to open port 80.

However, it's recommended to have 80 open and enable redirect from HTTP to HTTPS. When using webcal:// links, programs like iCal will always try first to access HTTP on port 80 and only after redirected they can use HTTPS.

Port 4060 is special - is used only for the Web Administration. You can limit port 4060 only to your local network and not make it accessible from the internet.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
TripleF

thanks for your reply, Jarda.

Since some clients tell me they cannot access admin zone, I just wanted an "offical" answer from the kerio team, that's all good... they probably mistook on the 4060 port opening...
Previous Topic: Local synchronized file and permissions problem
Next Topic: Cannot authenticate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 06:48:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.