Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Create Folders on command line - Show them in Webfront
  •  
juergen852

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Kerio running on Linux.

I want to move mails older than 500 days from my inbox to a subfolder of my inbox in background via command line.
(I have to do this for several 100 other mailboxes, so I cannot do this in webfront.)

I went to the message store user\INBOX and created a subfolder Archiv\Mails in there.
Within INBOX\Archiv\Mails I created #msgs and moved some .elm files to #msgs.

Then I went to INBOX\Archiv\Mails and created an empty index.bad.

In Webfront the folder didn't show up, even after restarting kerio.

If I create a folder manually within webfront and move mail there, it works OK.

Does anybody have some ideas how to make those folders (created on command line) show up?
  •  
pcunix

You need a #assoc directory also. It can be empty, but it has to be there.

You also need a status.fld file. Again, it can be empty.

AFAIK, at the present time, that's all you need. Obviously that could change in the future.

I have a script at http://aplawrence.com/Kerio/inbox_archive.html that does something similar. However, Kerio support warns that moving stuff around like this can cause problems because of caching.

I wish they'd add an API that let us manipulate folders and messages!

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Gregg Hatchell

Hi juergen852,

pcunix is right, this is not the preferred method to move folders and data around, but it is possible.

What you could do is create the folder in webmail - INBOX\Archiv\Mails
Doing this will allow Connect to create all the associated files and structure as required.
Stop Connect
Then you can move the data from the \INBOX\#msgs to the INBOX\Archiv\Mails\#msgs
Start Connect
Then in the WebAdmin console reindex the users account. Under users, Right-click the account >> More Actions >> Reindex Mailbox
Previous Topic: Attachments in new meeting request are sometimes missing
Next Topic: making "undo" work in Apple Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 11:37:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.