Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar server: iCal users loose connection / can't connect to server
  •  
dafleXXX

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

my last post didn't get any feedback, so I try again and maybe keep it a bit simpler:

In Kerio I've created an extra user as a calendar server where I defined new calendar folders with the appropriate rights for everyone to connect to.
Users then usually have the calendar in the iCal preferences under "proxies". Every user has the same rights and configs in Kerio.
Now I have the problem, that apparently overnight a couple of users don't have any connection any more. Before it worked fine.

If I try to re-configure the accounts (with 'Integration in Mac'), still there's no calendar anymore in the proxy section.
Also trying to install that user on another machine showed the same problem.

Since ever user has the very same config in Kerio (and I mean everyone, I checked several times already), I really don't get what seems to be the problem here. Does anyone have the same experience??

Pleeeeease Embarassed

[img]index.php/fa/2725/0/[/img]

• Attachment: iCal.png
    (Size: 65.50KB, Downloaded 250 times)
  •  
tonyswu

What is the permission on the shared calendar folder?
  •  
dafleXXX

The permission are 'for all users' of our domain.
And all users have consistent configs too.

That is what I don't get into my head, and I know with at least 2 (out of 3 right now) of those who can't connect it was working in the beginning... Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 17:02]

•  
tonyswu

Mind posting a screenshot of the permission screen on the shared folder?
  •  
dafleXXX

Not at all...
We have to domains, therefore you see to entries.
(everything is in german, hope that's not a problem 'Alle Benutzer der...' means 'All users of [domain]')

[img]index.php/fa/2726/0/[/img]

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 17:57]

•  
tonyswu

I see you have two items in the permission list. Are they both concerning your domain, or are they groups? I've found that Kerio doesn't handle nested permission very well, for example if you say make person@domain.com and editor, and make everyong @domain.com reader, person<_at_>domain.com might end up with only read permission. I would double check and make sure no user account exists in both of those permission settings, and try again.
  •  
dafleXXX

Two items, yes. Like I said, we're hosting two domains. One of them is our primary domain.

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned, that I've created several calendar folders within that calendar account.
I included now all of them as screenshots just to make sure, there's no fault somewhere (unfortunately I can't drag open the left column wider for you to see the difference of the domains).
In two calendars I have certain rights for all users as read-only plus editing rights for two users, yes of the same domain. BUT these users are NOT the ones I'm experiencing problems with.
In the calendar 'Terminkalender_PR' you'll see 'all users of' one domain, but the other two users (also with editor rights) do NOT belong to the same domain. Anyway the problem I'm having is that some users can't even see the calendars (with error 'can't connect to server') despite a possible permission conflict and maybe ending up with read only rights...
Basically I don't think I have a scenario similar to what you've pointed out Rolling Eyes but I'm willing to learn otherwise!

I'll be happy to get more tipps from you, please note that I have to leave work now and will not be able to respond right away again!
But thank you so much in advance!!!

(By the way, 'Leser' means 'read only')

[img]index.php/fa/2727/0/[/img]
[img]index.php/fa/2728/0/[/img]

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 18:56]

•  
tonyswu

The best way to verify possible permission issue is to use webmail. Login to webmail using one of the user who is having problem, and subscribe to a calendar that the user is supposed to be able to see but doesn't. If webmail works, then it's not permission. If webmail doesn't work, then you'll need to look at permission further.
  •  
dafleXXX

I didn't think of that idea...
Well, of course there every user in question can subscribe to the calendar without a problem hmmmm Frown

Woah now I have see if those users are generally connected to the network differently than others. But since I know about every work station here and their neat integration in our network, I really don't see what could be the issue here!?!?
The thing is: Mail operation works absolutely fine, so there is in any way a solid connection to the Kerio server!

Any other ideas?!

Edit: one more thing to notice...
if I install a different account on one of those Macs with problems (ONLY for iCal - Mail remains set up for the original user!!!), it works fine.
I also just checked the configs of those Macs again and I can't see any abnormality in comparison to others, where everything's working well.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2012 10:50]

•  
dafleXXX

Anyone else, KERIO itself maybe...? .................................... *push-to-top* Rolling Eyes

•  
bigmountain

Stop Kerio Connect, remove the caldav.db file. Start Kerio and it will be rebuilt. If need be, you may need to setup the account again. How large is this shared calendar? You may have too many events for iCal to effectively handle it or there could be a corrupt event in there somewhere that is tripping iCal up. Good luck!

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
giobbi

I'm currently having this problem too. We are 250 users, 30% of them can't connect to the server via iCal. I can't find any problems whatsoever, Kerio is very silent, on the clients syslog i can only see that iCal can't connect to the server.

All users have read rights.

A group is reservation manager, all rights.

So in worst case i should at least be able to see the shared folder?

How many event is to many? We have a lot of resources but i cant se any Calender/#msgs-folder bigger then 900 items (x 15 resources).

Any hints would be god like.

Why is kerio silent (in log)? I should get at least permission error or something...

thx
Previous Topic: Have kerio connect client open calendar at login.
Next Topic: Kerio 7.4.3, 10.8 and Calendar (formerly iCal)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 00:54:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.