Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » short line with pap2t (short line with pap2t)
  •  
mar99

Send a private message to this user
If i open a line with a analog phone on the pap2t i have 3 seconds 3 dial in the number after that i hear a bussy tone. does anyone know how i can extend the time so that i have time to dial the number?

thanks alot.

marcel
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I suppose this device is manually provisioned (Operator sets reasonable timeouts in the dial patterns for auto-provisioned phones). You need to go to the PAP2T's administration and modify the "Dial Plan" field in the configuration of Ext1 or Ext2. Refer to the Cisco/Linksys documentation for the syntax of the "Dial Plan"

Vladimir
  •  
mar99

thanks Vladimir,

it is also with my pap2t and with the SPA112 and they are both auto provisioned.

with the cisco7961 is everything ok..

i copied my dial plan from the pap2t:
[0-9*#].|*[0-9*#]|1[0-9*#][0-9*#]|2[0-9*#]|4[0-9*#]|5[0-9*#] |7[0-9*#][0-9*#]|8[0-9*#]|9[0-9*#][0-9*#]
  •  
mar99

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 20 September 2012 10:38
Hi,

I suppose this device is manually provisioned (Operator sets reasonable timeouts in the dial patterns for auto-provisioned phones). You need to go to the PAP2T's administration and modify the "Dial Plan" field in the configuration of Ext1 or Ext2. Refer to the Cisco/Linksys documentation for the syntax of the "Dial Plan"

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

can you check if the timouts is ok with auto provisioning?
how can i manually provisioning the PAP2t Wink?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What is the prefix you use for dialing out? What is the beginning of the number you are trying to dial?

Vladimir
  •  
mar99

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 21 September 2012 13:54
What is the prefix you use for dialing out? What is the beginning of the number you are trying to dial?

Vladimir

i doesn't start calling. if i only open te line i heard a tone as normal but only for 3 seconds.
if i want to call a number i open a line on my phone i push in for example 0201234567 and if i'm on the half calling the number it already going to a bussy tone.

•  
mar99

found it Smile..

if you fill in: 1[0-9*#]|5[0-9*#]
(at dial plan on the pap2t) everything will work fine.
  •  
Mars

Hi All,

I am using the same PAP2T adapter as Mar99. When filling in the dial plan 1[0-9*#]|5[0-9*#] and submit, it will show up shortly but when checking later it is overwritten by Kerio Operator.

When connecting a standard analog telephone dialing out works fine. The problem occurs when DECT base station is connected to PAP2T port. It takes more than 3 seconds before first number is dialed and therefore it's not possible to dialout Sad No problems with incoming calls.

What is the best dial plan to use and how can I prevent Kerio Operator to overwrite the dial plan of Cisco PAP2T?

Kind regards,
Marcel
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi Mars,

can you paste here the dial plan which Kerio Operator generates for PAP2T automatically? And also the numbers which you are trying to dial out please.

Jakub
  •  
Mars

Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your reply.

Kerio generates automatically the following dialplan to PAP2T

[0-9*#].|*[0-9*#]|1[0-9*#][0-9*#]|2[0-9*#]|4[0-9*#]|5[0-9*#] |7[0-9*#][0-9*#]|8[0-9*#]|9[0-9*#][0-9*#]

If I use a normal analog telephone and dial for example 030-1234567, the number will be dialed and connected.

But when I use a DECT base station connected to the same port on PAP2T, it takes more than 3 seconds to connect and Kerio does not accept the call.

I have exactly the same problem as mar99 described in this post.

Kind regards,
Mars

•  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

can you please send me a packet dump of the call which is not accepted please (you can find packet sniffer in System -> Packet sniffer... button.

Please send the packet dump to jzeman<_at_>kerio.com

Jakub
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

there are not packet indicating a call in the packet dump you sent me. It means that the problem is in your DECT handset ...

Which DECT handset do you use? Do you hear a tone (the tone should come from PAP2T) when you dial the number?

Jakub
  •  
Mars

Hi Jakub,

Thank your for your email.

The DECT handset is not the problem.

The problem is that the dialtone time between opening the line on ATA and entering the first digit on the handset takes more than 3 seconds and therefore Kerio gives fast beep-beep tone (faster than a busy tone). I hear the same tone on Cisco IP phone when I am not fast enough with entering the first digit.

Is there a way to keep Kerio operator wait longer for the first digit to enter (for example not 3 seconds but 6 seconds) so the DECT station is within time before Kerio stops dial tone

With kind regards,
Marcel
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi Marcel,

Kerio Operator doesn't set these timeouts. See http://forums.kerio.com/index.php/mv/msg/21803/88827/#msg_88 827 to find out how to set it up on PAP2T (the settings is the same as on Linksys/Cisco SPA IP phone series).

Jakub
Previous Topic: Caller ID for outgoing calls
Next Topic: Altering the Dial Timeout?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 00:53:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00552 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.