Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Move Workspace Data to new Server
  •  
robby.vecchi

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everybody,

I have a working installation of Workspace (version 1.1.0 patch 1 build 2824) on a Windows Server 2003 SBS Machine. I am currently moving all machines in the domain to Win 2008 R2. On one of these new machines, i have installed the new version of Kerio Workspace (version 2.0.1). I was wondering if steps described in kb.kerio.com/article/how-to-move-data-store-to-a-different-f older-machine-798.html can work in such a scenario (different servers with different versions) or if i have to upgrade the actual working Server to version 2.0.1 before the migration process.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards from Italy.

Roberto
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Roberto,

you can move the data store as described in the KB article. When the 2.0.1 server detects the 1.1 data store, it will automatically convert it to the new schema.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
robby.vecchi

Thank You Jarda!!

Best Regards
Roberto
  •  
viwar

Jarda Snajdr (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 20 September 2012 16:56
Hello Roberto,

you can move the data store as described in the KB article. When the 2.0.1 server detects the 1.1 data store, it will automatically convert it to the new schema.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader

can you describe how to move the data store from Kerio Workspace Windows to Kerio Workspace Appliance?
  •  
BudDurland

We tested Workspace with Windows, but moved to the appliance. I used WinSCP to copy files from Windows to the appliance.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Spreading the word
Next Topic: KWS Mac-Client 2.0.1 Build 505 is crashing and strange behaviour
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 10:48:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.