Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems with Outlook 2010 and Import of Psts (Outlook crashesduring imports from pst files or whilst opening psts in the KOF Account)
  •  
dt2009

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

good day, i hope you are all well, i was hoping someone here can help me since am completely clueless by now.

Here are the Specs:

• Notebook Lenovo x220 (8GB RAM/Intel Core i7/320GB HDD)
• Windows 7 Professional 64bit
• Office 2010 32bit
• Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) 7.4.7694

Here is the Problem, i have a Mailbox (Outlook 2010) that has been working on local pop account and has accumulated over the years lots of .psts besides the mails/folders in the inbox, despite that the account never had problems, all the psts were left "open" and all worked fine. We migrated the inbox (and some of its folders) to Kerio (and to another Outlook 2010/another notebook) last week. Now i am trying to import folders/mails from the various psts into the mailbox to have it all saved and backuped on the Kerio Mail Server. But every time i move files into the Kerio mailbox i get the spinning wheel of death, Outlook does not respond anymore and I get the error message (apphangB1 Outlook.exe) and after that i can't even shut down windows properly. The Problems are a serious issue since these are not the mails of a trainee , and thats not the only problem, since compared to the pop account you now also have the situation that having numerous Pst Files open (without even moving files) can already force Outlook to not respond anymore, this never happened while the user was still using his pop account. I cant even open the KOF Account and open psts without experiencing crashes. Or even open a pst calendar and try to import it unto the new Kerio account.

- What I have tried so far:

- Followed the instructions as prescribed in http://kb.kerio.com/article/how-do-i-import-pst-files-into-m y-kerio-mailserver-account-373.html . Didn't help

- Opened an IMAP Account and tried to import the Psts Files there before creating the KOF Account on the Machine, there was no difference to when I tried later directly with the KOF Account.

- Disabled all Outlook-Add-Ins (except the Kerio Add-In off course), no change of the situation.

- Disabled Windows Search, didn't change anything.

-Opened Outlook ion Offline Modus, didn't change anything.

- Deleted Outlook profile. Nothing.

- Deleted Kerio Account and set up again. Nothing.

- Completely Deleted Outlook and reinstalled it. No joy.

- Completely deleted Kerio0 and reinstalled it. Guess what, no joy.

- I have completely formatted the brand new notebook and set it up from scratch, I did that actually twice, didn't change anything.

- I replicated the issue on another machine, different hardware, same problem.

Now how much can the Kerio Account handle, there are no limits set from the server side for this account, could there be any volume limitations causing the issue? So far I have been able to move 4000 Mails into the Inbox, all of them manually, good old copy and paste with a few crashes in between, but hey, I've got nothing else to do all day long. =)

Any Suggestions or Solutions?

Lots of thanks in advance for your hints and help, best wishes and a pleasant day/evening to you all,
Cheers.
dt
  •  
TorW

Send a private message to this user
I had the exact same issue as you a few years ago; moving large amounts of Outlook objects from PST files into KOFF and KOC accounts, without getting anywhere because of hangs, corrupt mails and whatnot. This was actually PST files created by Microsoft's old Exchange Inbox export tool (it's discontinued now and the name escapes me), connected to Outlook 2007.

What I had to do was repair the PST files with "Outlook Recovery Toolbox" before doing the copy and paste. The tool attempts to read everything in the PST file and export it to a new PST file, something it managed to do successfully with almost all the exported PSTs. It salvages what it can, worst case. Old PST files can be the stuff of nightmares!

It's available from www.oemailrecovery.com and costs a little, but it saved me a great deal of work, lots of frustration and is directly responsible for us still having a couple of specific customers. None of the free tools available managed to do the job, although this was in 2008/2009. Things may be different now.
Previous Topic: Office 2011 14.2.4 update - OK for Kerio Connect?
Next Topic: 2 Domains with same public folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:49:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.