Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Update Kerio Connect installed VMware Virtual Appliance (OVF)
  •  
kbumbaz

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have installed a Kerio Connect 7.4.1 via the OVT VMWare template... with the new release 7.4.3 ? how do I update it ?

Thank you.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The update is same as for normal Linux:

1. Log in to the system console.
2. Download latest version of Kerio Connect from Kerio website: wget http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kerio-connect-linux.deb
3. Install downloaded file: dpkg -i kerio-connect-linux.deb

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2012 21:04]

•  
Charles B

This will not update the whole thing, but will only update the actual Kerio mail software...the 'engine' if you will. The instructions for this can be found in http://kb.kerio.com/451

There is also the Kerio Console app--the part of the VM that lets you easily restart it, start and stop the SSH server, Set the IP number, etc.... Kerio does not appear to provide any way to actually upgrade the VM, and the corresponding Kerio console part of it.

While in message #92247 Pavel indicated there was some way:
Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 31 July 2012 16:15
Kerio Console app can be upgraded as a .deb package and there is no need to install new VA for this.

He never explained how to find it, nor responded to my request that he do so. As such, even after you've upgraded Kerio Connect to the newest version, it will still display Kerio Connect 7.4.1 on the appliance console when you boot it up. It isn't that big of a deal though, because the web admin screen will display the new version number and (except for the appliance console) you will be running the new version of Kerio.

At the risk of stating the obvious, don't forget you'll have to do your debian security updates manually too, (i.e., apt-get update; apt-get upgrade)

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Charles B wrote on Tue, 25 September 2012 23:23
He never explained how to find it, nor responded to my request that he do so.

All downloads are on our website - http://www.kerio.com/connect/download

[Updated on: Wed, 26 September 2012 08:59]

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Charles B

And as I referred to in the other referenced thread msg_92247, It is all fine and easy to say it exists, but not actually provide information on how to find it.

Pavel Dobry wrote that "Kerio Console app can be upgraded as a .deb package... ", but provided no information on where such a .deb package could be found

Petr Dobry then implies that it can be found among the Kerio downloads.

I do not believe that is true.

Back in July, I looked all over Kerio's downloads, and KB, and came up empty handed. I just gave it a quick look again, with the same result. Neither of the Dobrys will direct us to the fictitious .deb file in question, preferring to indulge in the Internet forum version of vague hand-waving followed by silence. Their implication is that it is readily available, and that we're either too stupid or too lazy to find it ourselves. Mad Perhaps my search skills just totally suck, but I'm disinclined to believe that of myself.

Anyone else care to have a go at it?

Petr Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 26 September 2012 00:58
All downloads are on our website - http://www.kerio.com/connect/download
in response to Charles B, who wrote on Tue, 25 September 2012 23:23
He never explained how to find it, nor responded to my request that he do so.

Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
kbumbaz

Correct Charles, we can't find how to update the console on the download page, neither the .deb.

Pavel or Petr, maybe you can have a look please and let us know ?

LĂ©opold
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, the console installation/upgrade package is not available for download right now. We're working on it.
  •  
Charles B

In case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for the Kerio Connect Virtual Appliance console upgrade, Kerio provided the console update installation package for their virtual appliance with Kerio Connect version 8.0.

It is now (Jan 2013) available at http://download.kerio.com Kerio also added a note about how to find it to their KB article on working with the VM--in the manual upgrade section.

Previous Topic: From address re-write
Next Topic: Greylisting - do spam emails eventually get delivered to Junk folder?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:18:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.