Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook calendars - sync to android phones (Syncing standard Outlook calendar to smartphone)
  •  
oregonbob

Send a private message to this user
I have a small network with users running MS Outlook 2003 and using POP (Outlook.pst) to retrieve messages from an up-to-date install (7.4) of Kerio Connect. These users now want to have their phones sync to their Outlook calendars. Do I have to switch their POP email to IMAP and keep calendars in Kerio in order to achieve smartphone calendar sync? I would think calendars must be in the Kerio server instead of the standalone calendar included in Outlook 2003 with a PST on their individual PC's, and that would be done using IMAP.

I'm sure this has been covered maybe many times before, if so can anyone point me in the direction of good info (link) for accomplishing this task?
  •  
TorW

Send a private message to this user
If you use POP3, the calendars are only found in each user's local PST file and can't easily be synced to phones. That is, unless you want to do it 90's style and sync the phones manually to the computer via a cable.

IMAP won't help you either, since this is also a mail only protocol. Install Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) (KOFF), migrate the mail to the new account and set up Exchange Activesync on the phones (if they have it).
Previous Topic: Postini Going Away
Next Topic: What secure login method works with Apple Mail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:20:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.