Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar / Invitation issues
  •  
netmax

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

after i put all our calendar stuff from the ICloud to my Kerio (feeling good having the stuff in house Wink ) basically everything works great!

But we are working a lot with invitations and i've noticed some issues in this part:

1) Changed time was not synchronized to invited person
Person A has created an event in his calendar and invited person B. Person B has acknowledged the appointment, so A and B have the event in their calendars.
In the IPads, A can change the event, B can just visit his event (and change his status in the event).

Now A changed the time from 12-14h to 14-16h. Immediately the event was moved in the calendar of A (also B saw this as he has rights to see and edit the calendar of B).

But i would expect that B receives a notification in his calendar app about the changed time (like he's got the initial invitation). But nothing happens. He's got an email with the calendar event (but the old(!) time) and that's it. Nothing happens in the calendar, the event is still at the old time while the same (master) event in the calendar of A is sitting on the new time. As B can't edit the event, we have a deadlock situation with a "lost" event here.

2) Recurring automatic eMail with an event
For another event where A is the master and B is invited, b received the event by eMail on his IPhone. As soon as he deletes the email, he'll get it again minutes later. This continues every time he deletes this eMail (for whatever this mail should be). When he does not delete it, there are no new mails added with this event.

Deleting the mail in outlook seems to work, but deleting the mail on the IDevice caused the immediate resending of this mail.

Maybe this has something to do with the movement of the deleted mail to the waste bin?

Enviromnent:
Kerio 7.4.3 Build 7813
User A and B are having 2 computers each with outlook and KOFF and one IPad and one IPhone each, connected by ActiveSync.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 September 2012 18:30]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is probably a result of known bug in iOS (with Exchange account). In short, iPhone messes up events if the user has access to both calendars (organizer's and attendee's).

The only known solution is to not use synchronization of shared calendars to iOS devices.
  •  
netmax

Hi Pavel,

thanks for the fast reply!

Will it solve the issue if i set the rights for the shared calendar to "read only"?

Or - if not - will it help to get the shared calendar with a seperate CALDAV account on the Idevices?

Thanks,
Marco
Previous Topic: How does "Spam Filter" -> "Blacklists" work?
Next Topic: sync with android
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:48:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00351 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.