Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Missing Features, AGAIN!
  •  
rvgulik

Send a private message to this user
Because it is already since may i put up this feature list, i wanted to bring this again to your attention :

We are working with some new customers and they really want these features!!!!

Please give us some feedback and/or timeline!

Features for Kerio Workspace

1. Possibility to add a description with a file or document.
Now we have to put a long filename to see what's the file is about, especially if you have a lot of files
then this is a absolute must!

2. The possibility to turn on or off the created or updated text below a document. Now we have to adjust a column width to see options.

3. Add the option to email a file.

4. Add the option to print a file.

5. Add compatibility for Apple Pages, Numbers etc.

6. Possibility to add comments below the file instead on the bottom of the page.

7. Possibility to hide or show the left column with spaces.

8. Assign Tasks to other users, Sorting tasks etc.

9. Adding tasks from mobile devices

10. Adding events from mobile devices

11. Possibility to change the logo etc. so the possibility to change the branding, login box, colors etc.

12. Better integration with iOS devices.

13. More control over users, for example which components the can see and which they can't on a page. Or the right to create spaces etc.
[added 02-05-2012] We want to use this for our customers, they should only have the option to login and view one space AND don't have the option to add another space.

14. One must have for me is the possibility to host more then one company per Workspace server. [added 06-05-2012 by memnon]

15. Import/Export capabilities for a workspace. To some kind of meta-data, zip file, or whatever. added 02-10-2012 by BudDurland

16. Control over maximum file size and consumed space

I believe there are other users that will have also other features or must haves, please feel free to add them. For Kerio : PLEASE HAVE A LOOK and respond to the features.

Best regards and keep up the good work!!

Robert

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2012 21:56]

•  
BudDurland

1> Good Idea

2> not sure I understand the issue, but OK.

3> I'd like this, but only if it requires that the logged in user have a configured e-mail address. Otherwise, I see the potential for abuse. OTOH, maybe something like this is in the works regarding integration with the Outlook connector.

4> This will be tough to implement with 100% success. Obviously, the print stream cannot come from the KWS server, and not all applications have the same mechanism for programmatically requesting a document be printed. Downloading (or opening) on your local workstation and printing from the local application is the best option.

5> Preview/Edit on the desktop compatibility, yes.

6> this only makes sense to me.

7> I don't understand

8> this has been discussed, and we've received some hints of outlook/kerio connect integration. Yay!

9&10> I never realized you couldn't. Guess I'm not a power user, yet.

11> I can see the usefulness, though not a real high priority for me.

12> everybody here that uses version 2.0 on iOS is pretty happy. What integration is needed? Are we beating the "edit content on the iPad" drum again? I'm all for that, as long as it's like on a desktop -- use iOS native apps, don't try to build the document editing capability into KWS.

13> I'm on the fence; I think the existing security control is pretty good. Making some components of a page visible and others not may play havoc with page layouts, etc. Better to divide your space into multiple pages, I think.
I do want to have the ability to deny users the ability to create new spaces. Hand in hand with that comes transfer of ownership; once I've created a space for someone, I should be able to use "Content Administration Mode" to set a new owner for the space. I'm a little fuzzy on whether simply giving someone admin rights is the same thing.

14> Again, not real important to me. It's easy enough to spin up a new virtual machine, and a simple public facing reverse proxy will let multiple hosts hide behind a simple IP address. At this point, I'm not sure it would be a simple task to convert the program to multi-site aware.

One I would add:

15. Import/Export capabilities for a workspace. To some kind of meta-data, zip file, or whatever.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
BFL

Repost from Beta section (http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/21824/93922/#msg_93922):

Hello!

We use Kerio Workspace every day in our work (>50 users), and we think it's good (!!!) but it can be better.

Here is my vision of missing features:

1. Notifications
User notifications need to be more informative. At least we need to extend the information transmitted to the form in which it appears in the "News" section. Ideally, several subsections of information:
1.1. Bread crumbs - it's necessary to write the entire path to the object of notification (file / component / page, etc.) from the root folder.
1.2. Link to the page (if object of notification is a file, then it must be a link to preview + link to the file).
1.3. If object of notification is a response to a comment, then we should display the comment being replied to. And also "Reply" link directly to the letter.

2. Files & Folders
2.1. For files and folders, we must devise a system of attributes. At least we need to allow a user to give simple explanations of the file ("Description" or "Note"), which would be visible under the name of the file, as it is already implemented in the Tasks (where task description can be seen under the name of task).
2.2. Sometimes it is necessary to restrict access for a specific group/user to a folder/file. We should provide the opportunity to the user similar to the permits system for spaces/pages.
2.3. There is no tool to locate the same file in different spaces with tracking versions. It would be nice if the system would have something like labels or shortcuts, as it is done for folders/files, for example, in Windows.
2.4. When you want to download documents from other sources, you need to download the file to your computer at first, and only then it can be loaded into the Workspace. Can we make the ability to upload files from url?

3. Users & Groups
If we use a tree structure of company (user/group/sub-group) then it makes troubles to set permissions on spaces/pages.

Here is an example: There is a root group and subgroups of AA, BB, CC. There is a space A1, which contains the subspaces AA1, BB1, CC1. If all users of AA, BB, CC subgroups need certain access to subspaces AA1, BB1, CC1 they should have access to the A1. However, each user of each group have access to each subspace. At this point, for exclusion of this situation it is necessary to build structure without subgroups and leave all groups in the root.

Therefore, it is necessary to introduce a tool to limit the access of specific groups/users to the spaces/pages. Perhaps, it could be done by setting restrictions on access to the space/page in permits system.

4. Tags
A wonderful way of forming a through structure is tags. Tags can be specified for files, folders, components, pages, spaces. And tags can be the root (specified by the administrator), and additionally added by users.

5. Tasks
5.1. Ability to delegate task to particular person.
5.2. Ability to specify the % level of the task. Deletion occurs when the 100%.
5.3. Notification of participants when task is completed for part or on Deadline.
5.4. Multilevel tree structure to create nested tasks.
5.5. Task execution statistics in graphs (a la Kerio Star).
5.6. Displaying list of delegated and created unfinished tasks on user profile page. Displaying list of unfinished tasks on the news page.

6. File preview
When we view a number of files in the same folder every time it needs to open/close preview window. Can we make it possible to thumb through the files?

7. Kerio Workspace Client
The directory synchronization process is delaying, it is understandable. But often there are cases when the Client demonstrates that all synchronized, but the server has later version. We have to restart the client to restart the synchronization. Is it possible to make a button for manually checking for updates of file/library/all spaces?

8. Forms and Polls
From time to time in our work we need to fill out forms. So, my suggestion - new components Form and Poll.
With Form we can create new documents, containing answers submitted by form.
Through the survey, we can understand some people's opinions regarding the issue.

9. Main question
What is Kerio Workspace? Do I understand right that you are going to develop it into a full ECM? Or it's only an extended file library?

P.S.: It was written on my native language and translated on a page in Kerio Workspace

Kerio Control, Connect, Workspace[R.I.P.] (~250 users each) Admin/User
  •  
mbuchholz

My response/comments are after each question following the **

rvgulik wrote on Mon, 01 October 2012 04:17
Because it is already since may i put up this feature list, i wanted to bring this again to your attention :

We are working with some new customers and they really want these features!!!!

Please give us some feedback and/or timeline!

Features for Kerio Workspace

1. Possibility to add a description with a file or document.
Now we have to put a long filename to see what's the file is about, especially if you have a lot of files
then this is a absolute must! ** great idea. It would also be useful to have columns indicating other file properties (i.e. ownership, security, etc)

2. The possibility to turn on or off the created or updated text below a document. Now we have to adjust a column width to see options. ** not so important

3. Add the option to email a file. ** an absolutely important necessary feature we want to have added

4. Add the option to print a file. ** an absolutely important necessary feature we want to have added

5. Add compatibility for Apple Pages, Numbers etc. ** not so important. Mostly we use MS Office

6. Possibility to add comments below the file instead on the bottom of the page. ** This would be nice to have

7. Possibility to hide or show the left column with spaces. ** This would be very useful for our users, most of who work off of smaller laptop screens.

8. Assign Tasks to other users, Sorting tasks etc. ** This would be nice to have

9. Adding tasks from mobile devices ** This would be useful

10. Adding events from mobile devices ** This would be useful. However the real problem with using events and tasks in workspace is that they are not the same events and tasks as we use/create in Connect. If Kerio really wants this to happen Kerio needs to tightly connect (no pun intended) Connect and Workspace.

11. Possibility to change the logo etc. so the possibility to change the branding, login box, colors etc. ** Nice to have, but not so important.

12. Better integration with iOS devices. ** Nice to have but not so important

13. More control over users, for example which components the can see and which they can't on a page. Or the right to create spaces etc.
[added 02-05-2012] We want to use this for our customers, they should only have the option to login and view one space AND don't have the option to add another space. ** This is very important. We've had users move Top level Workspaces into, thus becoming a child-level, other workspaces without realizing they did this. Not everyone is skilled with a mouse/trackpad, unfortunately.

14. One must have for me is the possibility to host more then one company per Workspace server. [added 06-05-2012 by memnon] ** Not so important for us.

15. Import/Export capabilities for a workspace. To some kind of meta-data, zip file, or whatever. added 02-10-2012 by BudDurland ** A nice to have.

16. Control over maximum file size and consumed space ** A nice to have but not important. Space is cheap.

I believe there are other users that will have also other features or must haves, please feel free to add them. For Kerio : PLEASE HAVE A LOOK and respond to the features.

Best regards and keep up the good work!!

Robert

•  
Colin C

I would like to see the following

1. True image gallery showing thumbnails of included images
2. Better ways to view, sort, display lists of files in file library. Sub folders? Handling lots of files
3. Ability to integrate with other Apps. Ie Project Management and CRM systems
4. Web Services/ SOAP to interface with custom ASP.NET and SQL Server solutions

Colin C
Previous Topic: Duplicate and Archive Spaces
Next Topic: Orphaned data with Delete + lost history.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:27:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.