Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AvModule.cpp: Antivirus plugin Sophos cannot be initialized (Error Log reporting multiple plug in issues)
  •  
jmcnair

Send a private message to this user
I'm getting a number of mail_avir.cpp errors with references to the plug in.We use Sophos integrated virus engine and it seems to be updated (9 hours ago). Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

02/Oct/2012 20:27:00] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <jennifer@planbproductionnews.com> to <dfelix<_at_>williamstown.net> failed: Plugin is not running.
[02/Oct/2012 20:27:00] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <donald.murelli@wbmason.com> to <dfelix<_at_>williamstown.net> failed: Plugin is not running.
[03/Oct/2012 07:08:24] AvModule.cpp: Antivirus plugin Sophos cannot be initialized: Unable to initialize plugin, error: TimeOut for response has expired
[03/Oct/2012 07:08:24] AvModule.cpp: Restarting of Sophos plugin has failed, next try is planned after 300 seconds.
[03/Oct/2012 07:08:24] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <3FBxsUBEKB4Uwx0nyu7+onnmy0x67pxxpun.lxvyoxqurw5ruurjv12x5w.wn2@feedburner.bounces.google.com> to <pfohlin<_at_>williamstown.net> failed: Plugin is not running.
[03/Oct/2012 07:08:26] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <3FBxsUBEKB4Uwx0nyu7+onnmy0x67pxxpun.lxvyoxqurw5ruurjv12x5w.wn2@feedburner.bounces.google.com> to <pfohlin<_at_>williamstown.net> failed: Plugin is not running.
[03/Oct/2012 07:10:10] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <info@avokeregel.com> to <dfelix<_at_>williamstown.net> failed: Plugin is not running.
  •  
blackbox

What version of Kerio are you running?
I know 7.4.0 mentions adding AV stability improvements.
Your debug logs might be a good place to check if the issue remains after a reboot.
  •  
jmcnair

7.3.1 patch 2 build 6199

you think an upgrade to 7.4 and a reboot might be a good place to start?
  •  
blackbox

Rebooting is probably all it will take to clear up the issue.
If rebooting doesn't help, checking the debug log for clues is your best bet.
As far as upgrading versions, if it were me, I'd try to clear the issue before upgrading, but that's certainly an option.
  •  
jmcnair

I'll try the reboot option tonight and report back. When in doubt, turn it off!
  •  
PIerre____

Hi,
Same problem with me.
Made the update 7.4.3 and reboot but plugin can't still initialize.
Run without anti-virus is the only workaround to be able to send mails. But not a safe way.
Does anyone have an idea?
  •  
jmcnair

A little delayed on the follow up. The reboot over the weekend didn't do much (once we were back to work on Tuesday). Still getting a number of plug-in errors for different email accounts. I looked at the debug file and the only thing that looks different is the LDAP and LDAPS services. All the rest appears ok. I didn't go with the upgrade yet.

[04/Oct/2012 17:53:56][1188] Service LDAP stopped
[04/Oct/2012 17:53:56][1188] Service LDAPS stopped

Previous Topic: License registration
Next Topic: Moving between server and release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:16:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.