Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ICal subscription for shared calendars with own login data
  •  
netmax

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio team, dear community,

After figuring out the best solution for shared calendars on IDevices (and after Pavel has confirmed that IDevices sometimes mess up invitations when also calendars of attendees are subscribed with full access on the ActiveSync account) i have seen one more issue:

If i set a calendar right to "Read only" in my web interface, this will be correctly handled by the web GUI and outlook (Outlook offers you first the option do delete an event, but at least it gives back the message that you don't have sufficient rights). But on the IDevices i still get the option to delete an event or to change data in this shared calendar. If you do this, it WILL be deleted / cahnged - but only on this IDevice (the original event in the master calendar keeps untouched as Kerio will not allow to change it).

But finally the calendar got messed up on the IDevice where this read-only-calendar-event was changed. Does Kerio spread the rights correctly over the active sync connection? I would expect that any events of read-only shared calendars would not even offer the ability to change/delete the data!
(I fear that somebody will write now that this is again a bug in IOS ... Razz )

So my latest attempt of a really clean solution is to get the calendars of the partners in the IDevices with an ICAL calendar subscription. It works like a charm by using mydomain.com/ical as server address and giving the login credentials of the partner - the calendar is really read-only and we are happy.

However i think this solution is not quite clean as everybody needs the full login data of all partners to subscribe to the calendar.

A really good solution would be doing the subscription with the link:
mydomain.com/ical/domain/user
... and then using my OWN login data and Kerio will check if i have access rights to this user's calendar (i've tried this but i didn't work Crying or Very Sad )

With this solution everybody can subscribe to calendars without the need of knowing the personal login data of each calendar user.

Looking forward to your comments ...

Marco
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ActiveSync does not support access rights, therefore the device has no idea that the folder is read-only.

I can recommend setting up the CalDAV account. The auto-confiuration tool available at server's Integration page configures the account automatically, including shared and public calendars.
  •  
netmax

Hi Pavel,

getting the shared Calendars by CalDAV may be a good idea, but there is a color issue! While the ical subscription allows me - same as for the exchange calendars - to set the color of the calendar on the IDevice, it won't allow this for the CalDAV account. Sad

So i can't get the right colors for the calendars there. Even worse, it changes the color of the CalDAV calendars on every push on the "refresh" button in the calendar selection ... unfortunately the color issue blocks the use of CalDAV here.

I can't select the color of the shared calendar in the Web GUI (hoping the color would be synced) ... so there seems actually no solution apart from an ICal subscripton.
  •  
netmax

BTW:

For all who read the thread, the ical subscription of shared calendars with the OWN login data works! I've just forget to add the "/Calendar" at the end of the URL.

So, the correct ical subscripton of a calendar of jane<_at_>foo.com which where i have access to is:
https://mailserver.com/ical/foo.com/jane/Calendar

I can then use my own login data, so there is no need to know login credentials of any other users. Sorry for the wrong statement in the first posting.

BR
Marco
Previous Topic: SOLVED: Failed to send DNS query to server 255.255.255.255: (13) Permission denied
Next Topic: Outlook 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:00:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.