Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How To Join Two Network Subnetts (Joining Computers To see each other)
  •  
KerioControl

Send a private message to this user
Hello Dear Friends I have a question...
I have two network subnets
Lan1: 1. Static IP's 192.168.1.x /24
Lan2: 2. DHCP from 192.168.2.x /23

Everything works correctly (Connected to the internet and etc)
But I neet that all computers in these subnets to see each other..

How to Creat a rule in Traffic Policy

Thank you in advanced

•  
KerioControl

I created The Rulea:
Rule1
Source Lan1 - Dest Lan2 Service - Any Protocol Inspector - None

Rule 2

Source Lan2 - Dest Lan1 Service - Any Protocol Inspector - None

But thre is the strange thing........
In subnet 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.254 all computers can't see each other......
What's the problem?
  •  
KerioControl

No Suggestions?!

Some Computers see each other and some not....
Please Need Help!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure both LAN networks have separate network cards in Kerio Control. I would also recomment to use 255.255.255.0 netmask for both LANs.
If your computers in 192.168.2.x network cannot see each other then it is a problem in our LAN and not related to Kerio Control (as it does not route traffic inside one LAN - it is done by your switch).

Despite the nickname and avatar you use I recommend to read and learn more about computer networks and Kerio Control. Or perhaps contact a Kerio partner where you bouht the product and ask for a help.
  •  
KerioControl

First of all thank you very much for your quick reply:

I'll explain you in details... "I'm new to that office and trying to optimize the network"

There is One PC with 3 Lans:
1. WAN For Internet ()
2. LAN1 192.168.1.1 /255.255.255.0(Static)
3. LAN2 192.168.2.1 /255.255.255.254 (DHCP) 510 Host

They See each other, but very limited
what if i manually add routes for both LAN interfaces?

Thank you in advanced
  •  
silars

You may have some mask issues. /24 = 255.255.255.0, /23 = 255.255.254.0 (not 255.255.255.254 = /31).
  •  
KerioControl

Quote:
Despite the nickname and avatar you use I recommend to read and learn more about computer networks and Kerio Control. Or perhaps contact a Kerio partner where you bouht the product and ask for a help.

Pavel Dobry I know networking, I just wanted to know if kerio had some issues... and that network was not planned and installed by me

Quote:
You may have some mask issues. /24 = 255.255.255.0, /23 = 255.255.254.0 (not 255.255.255.254 = /31)

silars I misstyped there was already /23

So, dear friends thank you all for your comments and suggestions:
I solved the problem ... it was not easy i had to reconstruct and reoptimize whole the network, I promoted Domain Controller now everything works perfectly Wink
  •  
KerioControl

P.S. I suggest everyone to use The kerio Control with Domain Controller, it's so easy to manage and control everything, yes it's true!
Previous Topic: Releasing full access to VPN
Next Topic: Cannot connect to internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:59:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.