Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and iOS devices Issue
  •  
bhca

Send a private message to this user
Good Afternoon,

We are a Mac only Office so everyone has Multiple iOS devices.

We are having a few issues especially with iOS6

Peoples iphone have messages they can not delete. or have spam messages that are in the inbox until they open their Mac Mail and the messages than go to their junk Folder. idea?

No reply flags from IOS to Mac. which if you get a hundred messages a day and replay to them on your iphone it wont show up on your mac if you replied to that message.
Is there any fix?

•  
fishtech

Quote:
have spam messages that are in the inbox until they open their Mac Mail and the messages than go to their junk Folder. idea?

Apple Mail can filter junk, iOS does not.

It is expected that when Apple Mail downloads the a message for the first time it will filter it if Preferences > Junk Mail > 'Enable Junk Mail Filtering' is selected.

Quote:
... replay to them on your iphone it wont show up on your mac if you replied to that message.

Are you saying the reply does not show in the Outbox on the Mac?

If so, you likely have iOS messages in an outbox called 'Sent items', and in a folder called 'Sent messages' in Mail.

You may want to investigate OSX Mail > Mailbox menu > Use this mailbox for...

This will align the 'Sent' mailboxes that OSX Mail uses and the one that Kerio Connect IMAP uses by default.

hth,

ft.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 October 2012 22:43]

•  
bhca

I am referring to reply flags. When you reply to a message on our ios device it gets an arrow next to that message saying that you replied to that message.

That reply flag does not show up in Mac Mail.

Does that make sense to you?

•  
TorW

Sounds like a bug or missing feature in Mail.app. Kerio Connect uses ActiveSync v12 which support reply flags, but the Exchange account thingy in Mail.app isn't using ActiveSync (as far as I know).

Actually, on my ancient labrat iPhone 3GS, there are no reply flags visible if i replied in Mail.app either. Thus, the flags does not sync either way.
  •  
netmax

AFAIK the reply flags are supported in AS 14, not in AS 12.
I also don't see any reply flags on all IDevices which are of course using AS.

I've put this in a feature request as this is really i feature we miss, and IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV is no option for us for the mobile devices.
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
When you reply to a message on our ios device it gets an arrow next to that message saying that you replied to that message. That reply flag does not show up in Mac Mail.
Does that make sense to you?

Yes, that makes sense.

When you say 'reply flag' I assume you mean the circular-arrow icon which appears next to replied emails in list view on iOS and Mail app?

If so, it seems like my Mail app is behaving differently to yours.

I just tested on my iPhone 4S, running iOS 6. I replied to a message and got the reply flag next to the message.

I then turned to my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8 .2. Mail app was already open in list view. In Mail app the same reply flag showed next to the message I had just replied to on my iPhone. In Mail app I was able to click on the reply flag and pull up the reply I had just sent from iPhone.

I am using Kerio Connect 7.3.2.

Regards,

ft.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2012 23:54]

•  
bhca

Interesting we have 400 mailbox running Kerio Connect Server 7.4.3

Whom are setup as imap, caldav, cardav. Yet we have no reply flags, forward flags etc,
From Mac 10.7x to 10.8x. to ipad to iphone.

•  
fishtech

On iOS my email accounts are set up as Exchange accounts, rather than IMAP.

Regards,

ft.
  •  
bhca

I have tried to setup the kerio using exchange, and same issues.
no reply flags

It looks like it needs Active sync 14.1 and 12.1 for it to use active sync
  •  
bhca

Syncing of Reply and Forward flags (requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or later).

Flagging messages for follow-up (requires Exchange Server 2007 or later).

copied from IOS developer app.
  •  
bhca

Any word if this is going to work or in the works?
  •  
bhca

So I take it theres no fix?
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

I'm sorry, I made a big goof in this thread. Most of my accounts are Exchange.

But... the iPhone I was testing on when I replied was configured using my webmail homepage > Setup my phone > Mail Contacts Calendars > 'Use CalDav, CardDav, IMAP Instead'

Reply and forward flags work for me under this configuration.

I have also recently updated to Kerio Connect 7.4.3.

Sorry if I misled you, bhca, or anyone else.

Cheers,

ft.
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

Tested iOS6/OSX10.8, both configured with integration, the reply flag comes up straight away, running Kerio Connect 7.4.3..

Maybe giveing the integration a try?

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
Previous Topic: Read mails via JSON from Folder
Next Topic: blocking incoming emails just to one user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 05:20:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00587 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.