Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ubuntu Connect 7.4.3 and Mountain Lion Mail Client Hangs (Ubuntu Connect 7.4.3 and Mountain Lion Mail Client Hangs)
  •  
david1oh

Send a private message to this user
I've recently upgraded to Connect 7.4.3 running on an Ubuntu host and am experiencing the following behaviour:

My Mountain Lion Mac Mail client, when connecting via the Exchange setting loads my messages, but everything is marked as 'Unread' and mail synchronization hangs when trying to complete synchronizing my private folders. Each time I restart the Mac Mail client, the activity window shows a different private folder with the progress bar stuck at a certain percentage and it doesn't move and prevents any further synchronization from occurring (ie: new messages don't appear etc)

When logging into the web client, everything is as it should be. iPhone and iPad clients work fine.

I've tried the following without success:
1. Rebuilt the account's indices
2. Removed all Exchange settings from my Mountain Lion client, removed the V2 caches and re-created the account
3. Simply waiting (perhaps expecting the synchronization isn't hung but just taking a long time. I waited 24 hours so suspect either the Mac Mail client has hung or the server has timed out...

Has anyone else seen this problem? What does work is using the Exchange IMAP setting to connect to mail, and then using the Exchange setting for Calendar and Contact synchronization.

While I can live with the workaround, ideally, I'd like a cleaner config simply using Mac Mail's built in Exchange functionality.

I'm wondering if this is a Mountain Lion Mac Mail issue or Connect issue.

Thanks
Dave
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Exchange account in Mail, Calendars, Contacts is not supposed to work with Kerio Connect. You need to use Exchange IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV. There is an auto-configuration tool available on server's Integration page.
  •  
david1oh

Thanks,
Worked like a charm!
Previous Topic: Kerio 7.4.3 + New OS X Mountain Lion + EWS ??
Next Topic: Webmail Send As different domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 18:54:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.