Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Kerio Workspace Starter Edition on MS SBS2008 Server?
  •  
drfresh

Send a private message to this user
Hi all

Has anyone tried to run Workspace (starter edition for now) on a SBS 2008 Server? I'm wondering how it would all work together. I use my SBS as both mail server (Exchange 2007) and webserver thus allready "occupying" port 80 and 443; but could I just change the ports used by workspace?

Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm no expert and SBS2008 is difficult "to handle" as soon as you want anything out of it that is not "standard", so I don't want to mess around before asking for others experience. Thanks!

•  
pcunix

Yes, you can change the ports, though in your case you'll need to do it by stopping Workspace, hand-editing (Notepad will do it or DOS edit) the workspace.cfg file and then restarting Workspace.

Or, stop the web server temporarily, restart Workspace, use the browser admin to change the ports, then restart Worrkspace abd the web server.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

Workspace should listen on TCP 4060 upon installation. So you can login to the web admin, change Workspace ports (80/443) and restart the application server.
It's not needed to stop the SBS web server.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
drfresh

Thank you very much pcunix and Jaromir! I will give it a try tonight; this seems like a very nice product especially with the client syncing. Just what I have been looking for for some time.
Previous Topic: Viewing Excel docs in Workspace
Next Topic: Customize Email Notification
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 16:40:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.