Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KC 7.4.3 + OSX 10.8.2 problem with smtp start (KC 7.4.3 + OSX 10.8.2 problem with smtp start)
  •  
tczubkowski

Send a private message to this user
I have KC 7.4.3 installed on Mac OS X 10.8.2 + Server 2.1.1. On Mac Server only working services are DNS, HTTP and FTP. After each restart of my Mac Mini machine (i7, 8 GB RAM) my SMTP (25) and SMTP Submission (587) doesn't start. I have to wait aprox. 2 min after restart, when I'm able to run both services manually (using admin interface). If I not restart machine I'm able to restart services without any problem. I got following errors in my log:

[08/Oct/2012 10:46:32] socklib.cpp: Cannot bind IPv6 socket: (48) Address already in use
[08/Oct/2012 10:46:32] services.cpp: Cannot start service SMTP on port 25, unable to bind service to all IP addresses
[08/Oct/2012 10:46:32] socklib.cpp: Cannot bind IPv6 socket: (48) Address already in use
[08/Oct/2012 10:46:32] services.cpp: Cannot start service SUBMISSION on port 587, unable to bind service to all IP addresses

Maybe after restart macmini Mac OS X starts own mail services for a moment. Do you have similar problem? Any solution?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Disable Postfix with: sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.postfix.master.plist
  •  
tczubkowski

Pavel, how to enable it back? Thank you for answer.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.postfix.master.plist

Please read more in OS X documentations and manual pages.
  •  
tczubkowski

Thank you for answer, have a nice day.
Previous Topic: Webmail: Can Inbox be made to display "Unread" messages only?
Next Topic: Change the serverwide topic of "Out of office"-Mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 23:32:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.