Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Preview but not download pdf content
  •  
Yohann94

Send a private message to this user
In our company, we need to deliver content to users (procedures) that need to be viewable online but not to be downloaded, because they always have to see the latest version.
Is there any way to do this with Workspace ?

Today, we convert the pdf files to a JPG slideshow website, but I'd like to find a more simple and elegant way.

Thank you.
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi, you can use preview of PDF document (if you click on it) which is genereated on the server. Is it sufficient for you ?

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
Yohann94

The problem is that users can download the file and I don't want them to do it.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Do I understand it correctly If I say that you have PDF document that you update quite frequently and you just want users to be able to see the preview, but not download the whole file every time? This is currently not possible, but I believe that they should use Kerio Workspace client and subscribe to the file -> this will ensure they always have the latest version of the file on their computers.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
Yohann94

Yes, you understand what I want to do correctly.
The solution you suggest is not an option for me because the people who consult the files are 250 mobile persons using a Tablet PC and who are not always connected. And I have tones of files I'd like to manage this way.
I'll post a suggestion. Thank you.
  •  
tino

Hello,
how ended this problem?
We also need to allow only a preview PDF file and disable download.
Thanks
  •  
BudDurland

Quote:
Yes, you understand what I want to do correctly.
The solution you suggest is not an option for me because the people who consult the files are 250 mobile persons using a Tablet PC and who are not always connected. And I have tones of files I'd like to manage this way.
I'll post a suggestion. Thank you.

Forgive me if you already understood this, but if the user has a connection that allows them to preview the PDF file using a web browser, then they will also have enough of a connection for the client to retrieve the latest version of the file automatically. The end result is pretty much the same.

If, on the other hand, your desired outcome is they if the user has no way to connect to Kerio Workspace, they should not be able to see the document at all (i.e., no local copy automatically kept current) then you'll need to suggest that feature.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Yohann94

That's it. I want users to only be able to view the documents when they are online and don't want them to have an local copy. I assume the fact that they need to be connected. We are ISO normalized and this is imposed to us.
This is a feedback suggestion, vote if you want this feature :
http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/73201-kerio-workspace/sugge stions/2056055-restrict-file-access-to-online-view-only-no-d ownl
  •  
BudDurland

You realize, of course, that even if the "download" link is disabled, the users can just right-click and choose "save image" on the preview?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Yohann94

yes I know, but they are not hackers, and they won't want to use tips to download the file on their PC. I want from the application to tell them that this file is not for download but only to be viewed. If it's clear about that, they won't try anything else.
More than that, we are ISO normalized, and we have to respect procedures, and one of them tell us that the PDF users read must be the latest version.
Subscribing to the file with the kerio client is not a good option, because they would have to subscribe to each file page one by one and each time there is a new page online.
  •  
yopwdsvf

That's it. I want users to only be able to view the documents when they are online and don't want them to have an local copy. I assume the fact that they need to be connected. We are ISO normalized and this is imposed to us.
This is a feedback suggestion, vote if you want this feature :

Moncler Jacket
Women Moncler Coat
Moncler Kids Down Jacket
Men Moncler Jacket
Moncler Vest Outlet

[Updated on: Fri, 04 January 2013 09:44]

john andy
Previous Topic: Kerio Workspace on Debian with Kerio Connect, do not get it run
Next Topic: When will file sharing (download link) be implemented
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:46:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.