Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Very slow internet browsing speeds (10Gbps connection, 50mbit since control)
  •  
Leonmeijer88

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I've found topics about this on internet but none of the solutions worked for me.
Last thing I tried was the TCPUtility to tweak all TCP values and MTU and such things.

My problem:

I just bought a new VPS with Windows 2008 and would like to roll-out Kerio Control Firewall.
I've downloaded the demo and installed it but since the installation the connection speeds dropped to max 50 / 60 mb/s. When the firewall is off the speed is about 300 / 400 mb/s (not kb/s) the VPS is connected to the AMS-IX and the max speed is 10GBps.

I've tried disabling protecol inspector, logging, user statistics, web filter, I even tried a rule that allows all in and all out but the speed remains slower then 100mb/s.

What can I do to solve this problem?
Or how can I monitor where the bottleneck is?
Turning off the firewall is currently the only "solution".
  •  
Goran

You cant Kerio is slow!
Go for hardware firewall!!!

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
Leonmeijer88

HW firewall is impossible for a VPS (VirtualPrivateServer) Sad
  •  
Goran

google for mikrotik not expensive.

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
silars

Make sure your VM is seeing the adapter as faster than 100 Mbps. There are certain situations that can arise where a VM sees an interface as a slower speed. The can occur to hypervisor configuration, driver, etc.

Control is also fairly CPU-dependent. Make sure you are dedicated enough CPU to the Control VM. It sounds like you are using Hyper-V. Microsoft System Center should give you some indication of how the VM is performing. Control also has System Health to report CPU/RAM. These should give you some indication of what is going on.
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi Leon,

It is very import to know the hardware of your VPS. You reporting speeds that I have seen in NL caused by CPU preformance. Silars has also a very good point. If your VPS isn't seeing a Gigabit. preferable a Intel, it can cause preformance problems too.
Please contact one of the preferred resellers in NL, they are all Kerio Control certified.
Maybe then can help you more on location.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
leonardo cardeal

Help, when i desable Kerio (including protocol in network adapters, and restarting server)everyone in the company are no internet after I disable the firewall. I don't know what else to do, how to disable without removing the users internet.

Can anyone help? how to disable

Tks so much

Obs: My internet server is Ad, dns and dhcp
Previous Topic: 8.1 and SNMP
Next Topic: Internet connection very slow
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 18:50:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.