Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » moving mail service from server to server for only one domain
  •  
sfpete

Send a private message to this user
I need to move mail service from one live Kerio Connect server to another live Kerio Connect server for only 1 domain.

Both the "source" and the "destination" Kerio Connect servers are running the same (latest) KC version on OS X, and the kicker being they both are running email service for multiple domains.

The Kerio recommended restore process doesn't seem to fit the bill.

I can likely put together a suspend, clone the store, move mx sort of plan... but what is the smoothest recommended means to do so?
  •  
j.a.duke

Send a private message to this user
sfpete wrote on Fri, 19 October 2012 18:43
I need to move mail service from one live Kerio Connect server to another live Kerio Connect server for only 1 domain.

Both the "source" and the "destination" Kerio Connect servers are running the same (latest) KC version on OS X, and the kicker being they both are running email service for multiple domains.

The Kerio recommended restore process doesn't seem to fit the bill.

I can likely put together a suspend, clone the store, move mx sort of plan... but what is the smoothest recommended means to do so?

I've moved a single domain off to a new server, but I think that might be applicable here.

What I did was to stop the server, move the data from the store folder, make a copy of the config file, then edit out the domain information that wasn't applicable.

I think what you could do here is copy the appropriate domain and user information into the config files on the new server. Probably not officially blessed by Kerio, but it should work.

As always, make sure you have backups of all the files you are editing so that if you really mess things up, there's something to which you can revert back.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Translation Error
Next Topic: Scheduled autoreply
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:17:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.