Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Subcribing and managing tasks from iCal/Calendar and Outlook 2011
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Send a private message to this user
I am working on a demo of Workspace for one of our clients who is interested in an online collaboration suite that is capable of managing events and tasks. I have been working on testing the events and tasks functions, but I cannot subscribe to events in Mountain Lion Calendar, or in Outlook 2011. The links generated by events start with webcals:// instead of webcal://. The 'S' at the end I'm guessing indicates that communication will use SSL. I have a test server in place that does not force SSL to be used, so it uses webcal://, which works perfectly with Mountain Lion Calendar. How can we get this work using webcals://? Also, how do you suggest we get the events and tasks into Outlook 2011? I don't see any documentation that describes this for us, and there appears to be no place in Outlook 2011 where we can subscribe to a calendar the same we we do with Calendar in Mountain Lion, and iCal in previous versions of OS X. If you have full documentation on this, please send me a link to it. I have looked through Kerio forums and the knowledge base for information on this. It's a Sunday, so maybe I'm being too lazy to look hard enough Laughing I just wanted to get a good demo working before my meeting tomorrow.

I think Workspace is a great product with a lot of potential. There are a couple of sticking points though, like the one noted above.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 October 2012 18:13]

•  
Tomas Laubr (Kerio)

Hello.
If you access Workspace through https:// (apart from http) then all links to events and tasks start with webcals:// (apart from webcal). But we identified a problem with OS X Calendar, as you mentioned, so that in the next release of Workspace there will be only webcal:// links. In case your Workspace is configured to redirect requests to https your calendar application will be also redirected.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Thanks for the reply. If we end up deploying Workspace for this customer, it may not happen until after the next version release. We're beta testers, so are you referring to the beta version that is currently available for download? If so, I will do more testing on that one. I have it installed on a test server, but I don't have it setup to force redirect to SSL. What about Outlook 2011? I can't find a way to subscribe to events in Outlook 2011. Personally, I don't like Outlook 2011, but many of my clients prefer to use it.
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Dear Howie,

Outlook 2011 is (yet?) not able to subscribe to so called iCalendar feeds. The only workaround at the moment is, to setup syncservices in Outlook which then syncs to iCal

http://superuser.com/questions/346739/outlook-2011-for-mac-s ubscribe-to-icalendar-feed

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
kinetictg

Oops... Accidentally posted on this topic. Can't figure out how to delete it.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 October 2012 18:40]

•  
Howie Isaacks

That's unforunate. Hopefully, Kerio can find another way of synching for Outlook 2011. I'm going to try this idea, but it may not always be possible for every customer. I've been trying to coax a lot of customers away from Outlook 2011.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I just tried using the synching service between Outlook 2011 and Calendar in Mountain Lion. It does not synch in the subscribed calendar from Workspace. Any other suggestions?
Previous Topic: webclient error message
Next Topic: Collaboration with Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:01:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.