Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP3/SMTP account appearing for no reason
  •  
beachmat

Send a private message to this user
In the last few days we've had POP3/SMTP accounts appearing alongside the KOC MAPI account for no apparent reason, and Outlook trying to retrieve mail from the server via POP3. This is with Outlook 2007/KOC (not offline). If I delete them things appear to return to normal. Wondering if anyone knows why this is happening?
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Email account creation is never triggered/done by Kerio Connect server. It must happen at the Workstation. You need to find out who, or what program is creating those accounts within the Kerio Connect profile.

Kerio Connect does provide auto-config utilities that can be very easily download from Kerio Connect by anyone but particularly by the owner of the mailbox. However, someone/something must triggered the download fom the workstation and execute them locally.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
beachmat

We have had this problem repeatedly for no apparent reason. I've had it on my own PC today. Anyway I'll install Connect 8 soon and keep monitoring it.
Previous Topic: Public Folders for additional local domains
Next Topic: extracting a linux 7.1.2 version backup on a freshly installed win2008 r2 8.0.0 version
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:35:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.