Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect and Windows Server 2012 Essentials (Will it be support on one machine?)
  •  
Plazmero

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

this is my first post although I have already done much reading in this forum.

As you all know, Microsoft abandoned Small Business Server (there won't be a new version of SBS - SBS 2011 will be the last "full" SBS).

We have a bunch of SMB customers seeking for an alternative now.
So we are planning to use "Windows Server 2012 Essentials" and install Kerio Connect onto the same machine as the Essentials Server.
Is there any information from Kerio yet if this will work?

Thank you for your time and Best Regards,

Plazmero

PS: I have seen that for Kerio Control there is a hardware appliance. Do you know if there a plans to sell an appliance for Kerio Connect, too? It would be perfect to have Kerio Connect and Kerio Control reside on one single appliance. I guess our customers would love this idea.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

(1)
I checked that Kerio Connect v8.0.0, currently in Release Candidate 2 version (http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect) together with Kerio Active Directory Extension v8.0.0 does work on Windows Server 2012.

(2)
I am not in a position to confirm whether there is a plan for Connect hardware, but I personally don't think so. It does not mean though, that you cannot officially suggest this - all suggestions need to be raised through the web admin interface of your Kerio product.

To do this you will need to login to the web admin interface and on the splash screen that you are presented with there will be a button at the top of the page called 'Suggest Idea'. This will take you through to 'http://feedback.kerio.com' and navigate you to the appropriate section for the product you are using and you can create your suggestion.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2012 03:36]

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

I have added installed both Kerio Connect & Kerio Workspace on a single Essentials 2012 Server at a clients and has been working fine over a year now. Of Course Workspace is set up on an alternate port as Connect uses 80 but it works fine.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
Previous Topic: IPhone always connects to KC via Cell
Next Topic: Skin and functionality regressed by 10 years - please help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 08:31:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.