Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows Phone 8? Windows 8
  •  
coolknight8888

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,
Just a question here. Will Kerio Connect 8 fully support Windows Phone 8. I need Windows Phone 8 support, it is working perfectly with Windows Phone 7.5 Is there way to make a Windows Phone 8 work with Kerio using Connect 7.4.3? (the old unsupported devices tweak?)

What about Windows 8, will there be some kind of support?
Intel Version? RT (ARM) Version?

I mean, right now we work with Windows 7 Pro. and Outlook 2010... or "The Bat" under IMAP which works great on tle last Kerio 7.4.3 version. So full Windows 8 support is less urgent for me than full Windows Phone 8 support.

Thank you all for your help! Smile
  •  
Lewald

Ok my Nokia 920 is here.

But at moment i cannot use it with Kerio. Sad

Found no way to bring it to work. I have downloaded the cert file and install it on Phone. But no luck.

•  
Vicky

We do not support Windows 8 phones at the moment. However you can try allowing unsupported devices to communicate with Kerio Connect to see if this helps.

This can be done through the web administration console under "Configuration" -> "Advanced Options" and place a tick next to "Allow synchronization of unsupported Exchange ActiveSync devices".

We do not have any information as to when Windows 8 phones will be supported but we should have more information about this once Kerio Connect 8.0 is released.

If you have already tried the allow unsupported devices trick, then I would recommend listing this as a suggestion via the Web Admin 'Suggest Idea' button. Our developers do go through these and respond to them when there is information to share.
  •  
Lewald

We have th esupport option on.

But no luck
  •  
Vicky

To get around the issue then you might have to use an IMAP connection on the Windows 8 phone if it has that option in it email client. Otherwise we will need to wait for Windows 8 phones to be officially supported.
  •  
Lewald

IMAP is no option.
Because the Service is disabled on Server Site and i need real Push mail.
I have a runnnig WP 7.5 and ordered a second Sim Card . So i have to use both Phones at moment.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 15:01]

•  
coolknight8888

Ok. I have tried the "support unsupported devices" on Kerio Connect 7.4.3 with Windows Phone 8. It works like a charm, there are no error messages or problems at this stage. Use this. Please Kerio, can you add Windows Phone 8 as a recognized device... (7.4.4) mini update. I see no problems at all and it will enable customers to use WP8 devices right away.
  •  
coolknight8888

Use the "support unsupported devices" option in the .cfg file. Google how to do it for a WP7 device. I have used it on Kerio 7.4.3, works like a charm with our HTC 8X.
  •  
Lewald

Ok i have no 7.4.3 her at the moment. I wait for the 8 Smile
  •  
coolknight8888

If your version of Kerio supports WP7 devices, it should work with WP8. Give it a try...
  •  
Lewald

Ok,
i can confirm. It rund now. But i habe to delete the mobil device (wp 7) first.
Now i am happy. Thanks vor all help.
  •  
Slimshady23

I just bought a Nokia Lumia 920 and tried to install my Kerio Exchange-Account. Won't work. How does the "Allow synchronization of unsupported Exchange ActiveSync devices" trick works? I couldn't find "Configuration" -> "Advanced Options".
I also found another trick regarding the mailserver.cfg

Where can I find the mailserver.cfg?

Thanks for your help
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure, you're running latest Kerio Connect version.
  •  
Vicky

Hey Slim,

Try looking at the kb article:

http://kb.kerio.com/224

This article will give you all the detail you need to enable this option in the mailserver.cfg. If you do not have the option to enable unsupported phones in your web admin then you are running an older version of Kerio Connect so you may want to upgrade to Kerio Connect 8.0 which was released today.

Vicky
Slimshady23

On my computer (runs on Windows Cool I just installed Kerio Connect 8. But on my Nokia Lumia 920, there is no way to install Kerio, right?
Previous Topic: Android phone unable to open attachments
Next Topic: Moving domains / mailboxes from one kreio server to another kerio server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 21:40:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00561 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.