Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » caller id feature request with the how to ;)
  •  
TripleF

Send a private message to this user
hello everybody,

We've got a feature request that i'll try to bring on a silver plate to you Smile

first of all, sorry for the langage mispelling that will come, I'll try my best to explain Wink

We were very annoyed by the fact that we could locate the origin of a call => I mean we couldn't know which of our entering lines were ringing. => ok we could have put the call in a queue and then played a sound to announce which queue was ringing when we hang... but it wasn't much fun...

no we wanted to see directly on our phones:
the calling number & the called line
=> it's very useful when you have agents answering different called numbers => it allows us to know how we have to introduce ourself when hangin the phone...

We saw that in the trunk conf we could change the CallerID, this was potentially exactly what we were lookin for, but it changed only the callerid for outgoing calls... not incoming...

so here's the to do:
go to /etc/asterisk/ and modify extensions.conf

look rather in the below of the file somethin lookin like this
exten => 339747xxxx,12,xxxxxxxxxxxxx

add this:
exten => 339747xxxx,13,Set(CALLERID(NAME)=xxxxxxxx)

and add +1 in the numberlines in the subsequent lines below of the section.
(in the example above, the line number is 13)

then in the same section, change the "goto" instructions to add 1 to the line number of the goto => as you added a line, then your goto has to follow the new numerotation.

=> then save your file
=> enter asterisk CLI with this: asterisk -rvv
=> type: dialplan reload

this works => if u call you incoming line A , it will display its name.... if u call the incoming line B it will display its name, not the A's one.
then you can answer saying "hello, welcome to company A" or "Hello, welcome to company B"

BUT !!
the thing is that whenever you do a modification to your conf, all this will be overwritten and disappear... quite a nuisance Sad

That's why i was wondering if this could be added in the trunk conf as a possibility to name the incoming called line, since its rather useful and its not a big modification to bring to the admin interface Smile

and I saw a post about that in December on this forum, someone was lookin for on how to achieve that.

Thanks a lot to the team in advance Smile

•  
silars

You can also specify a calling prefix on the extension/internal line mapping. This can help identify where the call is coming from.

Kerio also has the ability to run a script after they regenerate the .conf files. This will fix the overwriting problem.
  •  
TripleF

Hello Silars,

thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I tried the calling/prefix with no luck...
That's why I came deeper into those investigations Wink
Maybe it shall work and it comes from my trunk provider, I dont exclude that case (french op. Keyyo, just for info)

Sorry to ask but where's that scripting functionality you are talking of ? Smile

•  
silars

•  
TripleF

nice, but not helpful Smile)
Previous Topic: SIP trunk provider that supports spoofing?
Next Topic: snom m9 phone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 12:39:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.