Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Blog » Kerio Control 7.4 Statistics (Blog)
  •  
Matt Lovato

Send a private message to this user
(Editor’s Note: This is part 4 of 4 in a series of blog posts about the new aspects of Kerio Control 7.4.)
In a previous managerial life, two circumstances made me wish I could see how my team was using the Internet. First - when my own Internet connection was unusually slow, I'd wonder "Who's hogging the bandwidth, and with what?"
<!--break-->
Second - I don't want to be a traffic cop, but when I'd notice a member of my team streaming a video of someone with a jet engine strapped to their hatchback, or a baseball game in the bottom of the first, it made me wonder how much of my team's time was used for this kind of "research".
Unfortunately, our IT guy could only pull a report containing general details on total office internet activity. I needed specific information on users and groups. Moreover, I needed my team to know that their hard work (or lack thereof) didn't go unnoticed.
General network usage statistics are one thing - very helpful for the admin to diagnose network issues. But detailed usage statistics broken down by user, group, website category, etc. is something that is equally, if not more important for a manager. Kerio Control has been a market leader in reporting this information, but with Kerio Control 7.4, customized reports can now be separated and sent out to managers and individual users automatically, all while keeping privacy intact.

Both admins and managers will love the automatic email reports on group activity. Admins can react and adjust their bandwidth management rules to match the needs of certain departments. Managers can get an even better handle on productivity with user activity reports. Since Kerio Control's number of recognizable website categories has now nearly tripled from 53 to 141, the internet usage reports won't leave much room for interpretation.
Perhaps Kerio Control 7.4's greatest gift is the immediate difference it produces in a user's behavior after they receive their first individualized Kerio Control Statistics report, but maybe its just the fact that it can be done regularly without the admin lifting a finger.
-Matt
Original article available on our blog.
Previous Topic: There's a new PAC in town!
Next Topic: Introducing Antivirus SDK for Kerio products
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 13:04:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.