Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » When will Keio support Windows 8 mail app?
  •  
skiebus

Send a private message to this user
I have been using Windows 8 Enterprise for a bit now and now also have a Surface RT and can not get Keio mail to load in the default Windows app.
Is it just me or is it not possible at this point? If it is not, when will it be?
  •  
BudDurland

I tested Windows 8 pro for a few days. I had no trouble getting the Metro mail app to connect to our Kerio (7.3) server using IMAP.

Having said that, I'll say it would be nice if there was a metro style app that integrated with Kerio for mail/contacts/calendar, but I'm not in a big hurry for it.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 19:23]

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Bedrich

Hello,
I'm using Windows 8 Mail app on Surface RT tablet. Our Kerio is 7.3.1 patch 2 and I'm connected through EAS. Everything works fine (mail, contacts, calendar) except attachments. I'm not able to download any mail attachment or image, nothing. On the desktop computer the same behavior. Any solution for that ?

Thank you.

P.S.

I'm not interested in solutions like "use IMAP or POP3", I'd like to keep EAS.
  •  
Mog0

Sorry double post...took minutes to appear so had already retyped it.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 12:30]

•  
Mog0

Kerio are several versions behind on EAS so this is probably the reason for your problems. Unfortunately they have stated on this forum that they are prioritising extending support for "open" protocols (that as far as I can see are only supported by Apple) instead of "closed" protocols like EAS that are used by just about every professional software product and device worth mentioning (including Apple).
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Mog0 wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 12:27
Kerio are several versions behind on EAS so this is probably the reason for your problems. Unfortunately they have stated on this forum that they are prioritising extending support for "open" protocols (that as far as I can see are only supported by Apple) instead of "closed" protocols like EAS that are used by just about every professional software product and device worth mentioning (including Apple).

That's only your speculation with very weak connection to real facts. I already explained the situation several times in this forum.
  •  
skiebus

I would just like to know when I can set up my mail contacts calendars on my Surface RT the same way I am able to on my Apple and Android devices. I would think Microsoft is mainstream enough that it would be pretty quickly supported.
I don't find any reference to when I will be able do this. Is there an ETA or status available?
  •  
Bedrich

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 13:08
Mog0 wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 12:27

That's only your speculation with very weak connection to real facts. I already explained the situation several times in this forum.

Well, but is there any possible solution for this issue ?

B.
  •  
skiebus

Just installed mailserver 8 which says Windows 8 compatibility, but I can still not get it to work on Surface RT. Has anyone else been able to?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Compatibilty with Windows 8 is described in the Release Notes.
Kerio Connect can be installed there (although Microsoft says it is not in compliance with their licensing to install any server products on Windows 8 desktop).
Kerio Connect also supports Mail application via IMAP.
  •  
golou

Honestly, who has their email setup on the Surface RT? If you do please give a step by step explanation on how it as done. Become a geek god in my eyes!! It is driving me nut!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2012 03:10]

•  
88fingerslukee

I also would like help connecting Kerio 8 to a Surface RT. Can anybody shed some light on this?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 January 2013 21:54]

•  
rex.withers

FYI, I haven't read this yet it on my list of things to do but it may help(?):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2810495
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Windows 8 Mail client will be supported in Kerio Connect 8.1.
rex.withers

Supported as active sync (rather than IMAP)?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2013 23:26]

Previous Topic: Migrate Kerio to Kerio
Next Topic: Revoke POP3 Clients Mail deletion on server side?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 03:45:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00552 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.