Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » differential backup not working properly (due to regular full backups the differential backup is growing constantliy)
  •  
meyer

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

kerio 7.4.2 on Suse Linux. 90 Users (Outlook 2003 - 2010), KOFF client.
Backup setting: full backup every saturday, differential backup each day the rest of the week.

The differential backup is growing week by week. In the meantime even the saturday differential backup is about 10 GB. The backup size is also growing a little (from 10 to 12 GB) during the week and going down again next sunday, but the actual minimum of 10 GB is there and constantly growing from week to week.
There are lots of e-mail-files that are in the differential backup every time even though they are not touched and modified since months.

Something wrong with the differential backup?

Kind regards,
Matthias
  •  
TorW

Check that your backup path isn't inside the mailserver path. If it is, you will take a backup of the previous backups.
  •  
meyer

bull's eye with the first shot. Shocked

Yes I had my backup directory inside the store directory. The backup directory is a nfs share on a NAS but mounted inside the store directory.

What do you say - should I put the archive directory also outside the mailserver directory and should I put it also inside the nfs share?

thanks a lot!
Matthias
  •  
TorW

There's little point in having these dirs mounted inside the mailserver directory structure (or rather, it isn't necessary), so just put them where external volumes usually sit (/mnt, /media or somesuch) and configure it in KC.
Previous Topic: the operation could not be completed osstatus error - 9807
Next Topic: Email Messages Deleted Without Human Intervention
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:01:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.