Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Change Display Names of Cisco SPA509G
  •  
Mars

Send a private message to this user
I am using a Cisco SPA509G SIP phone.

At the moment I have 2 users, let's say USER01 and USER02

USER01 uses two extensions 10 (SALES USR1) and 11 (SUPPORT USR1)
USER02 also uses two extensions 20 (SALES USR2) and 21 (SUPPORT USR2)

My SPA509G shows on the display besides the 4 buttons:

USER01
USER01
USER02
USER02

But I want to see:
SALES USR1
SUPPORT USR1
SALES USR2
SUPPORT USR2

I tried to change by loging into admin of SIP phone, but when restarting SIP phone via Kerio Server the names chage back to previous setting.

Can anyone tell me how to change display names permanently?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hello,

the phones should display the user's full name followed by their phone number. Unfortunately, the new Cisco phones (SPA5xx) trim labels to fit the display leaving approx. 7-11 characters.

You can edit the provisioning configuration file and upload it back to Operator. See http://kb.kerio.com/article/uploading-configuration-files-to -kerio-operator-tftp-server-1014.html for more information.

Best
Filip
  •  
Mars

Hi Filip,

Thanks for your support. I managed to download and edit config file and enabled SSH.

For uploading file I downloaded pSCP.exe (putty SCP). I type in command of windows XP the following line

pscp -scp c:\CONFIGFILENAME.cfg admin@IPADDRESSKERIOSERVER:/var/tftp/Cisco/SPA509G

When hitting enter button, i have to type password of user admin, but the password is not accepted and I am sure I type the right password.

Do you have any advise for me, maybe another (easier SCP program)?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

First of all, you have to create the correct directories in Kerio Operator.
- Start SSH (e.g. Putty), log in Operator as root<_at_>IPADDRESS and use the admin's password.
- In the ssh shell execute: mkdir -p /var/tftp/Cisco/SPA509G

Then you have to copy the downloaded file back to Operator. You can do this with pscp
- Execute pscp -scp c:\CONFIGFILENAME.cfg root@IPADDRESSKERIOSERVER:/var/tftp/Cisco/SPA509G

I'd suggest you to use winscp, where you can do everything I described in a bit more user friendly way.

Filip
  •  
Jan Pejša

You can also try the replacing trick in "Strip accents from full names" (in Advanced Options). See attached screenshot. But keep in mind it also affects the Caller ID!

• Attachment: rewriting.png
    (Size: 17.69KB, Downloaded 362 times)
Previous Topic: Tweaking Provisioning Templates
Next Topic: Logo on 79XX
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:10:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.