Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio alerts on iPhone iOS6 recurring events 32889 days or 516 weeks away in the future (Odd reminder about events that are repeating)
  •  
dy-e

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio forum folks.

On Kerio Connect 7.4.3 we've got a customer who is receiving reminders from 32000 odd (32889?) days away. For example, the customer has a weekly meeting at Monday 4pm, and the event is set to repeat forever, on each Monday. The Monday 4pm alert will come up on the user's iPhone (e.g. iPhone 4S, running iOS 6). But at a random time, the user will get another reminder, for the same event, saying that they haven't dismissed the reminder yet, which is approximately 38000 days away. (In the year 2023 I think it said -- but those figures don't add up to me in my mind -- it should only be 4000 odd days away).

Besides the reminder on iPhones and iPads, the user also gets the same 'reminders' in Webmail too. (E.g. "Meeting 4pm - due in 15 mins", "Meeting 4pm - due in 516 weeks".

It's happened for more than one event too. And the consistent part is not having an 'end date' on the appointment.

Deleting the appointment and re-creating it with an end-date seems to help, but not really an ideal scenario. These are new appointments (just created a few weeks ago) -- not old appointments.

Has anyone else had or seen this behavior? I'm presuming it's a Kerio Connect bug??

Cheers,
D.
  •  
TCMMac

We too have seen this issue. Anyone else?

Kerio care to chime in?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We don't have such bug reported. Such issue can happen when some client sets the incorrect X-NEXT-ALARM value in the event. I would recommend to view the event in the message source (.eml in the Calendar) to verify if it is correct.
Also track down, which clients are used by the user. You can open a ticket to troubleshoot this problem.
  •  
TCMMac

Actually it not just iPhone, its happening in Apple iCal/Calendar - I have 2 appointment right now that have been set to alert 12172441 minutes before and 19006865 minutes before.

•  
dy-e

We found out that if you use 'Exchange' configuration in iCal / iPhone, for calendar, it does these weird events.

Solution: use CALDAV as the configuration for your iCal / Calendar / iPhone installs...

Fixed the issue for us.

Cheers,
D.
Previous Topic: CC'd Email Address
Next Topic: Removing Sent/Deleted Items and Junk E-mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:46:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.