Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 8.0.0 RC2 unreliable on Ubuntu 12.04 x64? (Having strange issues with 8.0 RC2 on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS x64)
  •  
automatica

Messages: 75
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
I have followed the instructions on the following page when installing Connect 8.0.0 RC2 on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS:
Installation on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-bit (amd64)
I didn't configure PAM however as I was intending to use the built-in Open Directory authentication. The system was 100% up-to-date with patches. All that was installed on this server in the way of 3rd party software was Connect, bound to one IP, and Workspace bound to it's second IP.

I have been having a large number of intermittent problems with stability and reliability. As a result I have had to downgrade back to 7.4.3
I realise that this isn't going to be huge amount of use in pinpointing the problems, however it may show some areas that need more testing.

Configuring the connection to an external directory server was unreliable when talking to my OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion server. In the Connect Admin console, the directory configuration for the domain appeared to work, and would test as OK, however after a period of time (generally 6-12 hours) LDAP lookups would stop working so users couldn't log in or receive mail. Going into the admin interface and checking the directory connection would report it was OK, however going into Users or Groups would show that the directory-based users were gone, adding more users would return an error of an LDAP lookup failure and going into Groups would immediately return an LDAP lookup error.

Performing testing from the command-line on the Connect box using kinit would show that the Kerberos authentication on the OS X Server seemed to be working - eg:
kinit -S host/server.automatica.private@AUTOMATICA.PRIVATE kai<_at_>AUTOMATICA.PRIVATE

Even when the directory lookups were working, iCal (or, on Mountain Lion, Calendar) would have problems authenticating to the server when configured with a CalDAV account - it would often prompt for the password. Going into Mail however would work, so authentication wasn't completely broken, but the Calendar app would not authenticate.

Rebooting the server would fix these issues temporarily, however they kept reoccurring.

I do have the debug log with User Authentication and Directory Service Lookup turned on if this will be of any help.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2012 21:48]


--
kai howells
automatica - specialist technical support for creative professionals
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Messages: 5245
Karma: 251
Send a private message to this user
automatica wrote on Mon, 12 November 2012 21:48

I do have the debug log with User Authentication and Directory Service Lookup turned on if this will be of any help.


Of course it helps. A lot.
You can file a bug report from the product and attach the files. And most important thing - the time when the issue happened.
  •  
automatica

Messages: 75
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
I'll submit them - I've since downgraded back to 7.4 so will submit the bug report from that, but note it's for 8.0

I don't have an accurate time of when the issues occurred, but can give some approximate times.

--
kai howells
automatica - specialist technical support for creative professionals
  •  
blankz

Messages: 29
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
automatica wrote on Mon, 12 November 2012 22:53
I'll submit them - I've since downgraded back to 7.4 so will submit the bug report from that, but note it's for 8.0

I don't have an accurate time of when the issues occurred, but can give some approximate times.


Did you have any more problems with 7.4? I'm thinking of downgrading my environment
  •  
automatica

Messages: 75
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
These problems I was having was with 8.0 RC1. I then downgraded to 7.4 and it was OK once more.
I recently upgraded again to the release version of 8.0 and continued to have authentication problems, possibly worse than with the RC.

Downgrading was very easy - simply install 7.4 over the top of 8.0
It warned me it was installing an older version and then went ahead and did it.

Everything is back to normal.

--
kai howells
automatica - specialist technical support for creative professionals
Previous Topic: data wrong after restore #msg folder
Next Topic: Changing Webmail Font possible?
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 06:49:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.