Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mac Outlook Won't Sync After Changing User Name
  •  
tonyswu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

One of our client wants to change all their email addresses from flast@ to first<_at_>. They have about 10 users, and they use Outlook for Mac. Here is what I did:

1. In Kerio, remove all users and pick the option to not delete user mailbox.
2. Open up Terminal on the Kerio server, and change the mailbox name from flast to first.
3. In Kerio admin interface, recreate the users using first<_at_> as username.
4. Right click on each user and trigger a reindex.

Everything appears to work fine afterwards, webmail displays the correct emails for all users. However, Outlook on 2 users wouldn't sync after this. I tried to download the configuration file again, still doesn't work. I rebooted the Kerio server, still won't work. I ended up having to create another user, and remove the new account using the option to move mailbox under a different user, and then manually move all the emails over.

The problem is resolved as far as the client is concerned, but I would like to know if there is something I can do to make Outlook sync again this is situation. Is there a file on the server side that controls Outlook syncing?

Thanks.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Yes, there are bunch of things on the server - e.g. __keriomapi__STORE and .journal.db. Was there something in the error log about these two users?

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
tonyswu

There were some error messages, but I couldn't recall. Are those files save to remove? If so, I'll try that next time.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Setting Availability
Next Topic: Kerio 7.4.3.7813 TO "Send As" in Outlook 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:17:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00356 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.