Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » v7.4.0-5027-p1 Sucks!!! (Installing this new version created chaos!!)
  •  
an2ny79

Send a private message to this user
from v7.3.2-4445 I installed v7.4.0-5027-P1 (released Nov 12, 2012). Now all port forwardings are no longer working. Worst is, I also manage different companies (which I recommended Kerio Control) and I updated their servers as well.. Now all important services (POP / IMAP / SMTP / HTTPS / etc) are no longer open!!! D@mn! I haven't slept yet and this is the worst update of all!!!

I uninstalled and deleted all files. I started from scratch (as in new winroute.cfg), I installed the latest version, it didn't work.. same issue..

I uninstalled again, and install the last version v7.3.2, it worked! Despite of my doubt, I still updated it with v7.4.0. WTF?! it didn't work!!!!

Now I revert all back to v7.3.2.. This sucks big time!

BTW, all servers I updated had the same damn issue!
  •  
Pavel Suk (Kerio)

Can you post support ticket ID here? We might need config & log files, so we can quickly help you (and maybe others).

Pavel Suk
Vice President of Engineering
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Dear Anthony Ching,

We are not tracking any similar issue like you just described. I believe it must be solely related to your infrastructure and thus we need to obtain more information from you.
I will be trying to call you from our office in Sydney at 9 o'clock your time (you are three hours behind and it is too early now).
If you want to call us immediately, here is the AU support number:
+61 2 9657 4200 and you can ask for me directly

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
silent_breaker1

I have an issue with v7.4.0-5027-P1 as well, I can't install the patch and I am receiving error 1714 and it says "The older version of Kerio Control cannot be removed."

Right now, I still did not apply the patch as I still stuck with an existing issue and ticket.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 03:11]

•  
an2ny79

I encoutered that error before..

That occured when you empty the ..\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp folder which holds the hidden kerio installation folder ..\2

Work around is to fool installation and recreate that missing kerio installation folder.

Step 1:
First make sure you emptied all files and folders in TEMP.. leave the LOW folder or you'll mess up the print preview of Internet Explorer.

Step 2:
Get the current Kerio installation details by using REGEDIT <-- use this with care

Step 3:
Go to: HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products

Step 4:
Search (press F3) the word "KERIO" (without quote)

Step 5:
You will be pointed to an alpha numeric registry folder, mine is \6BEFC92F528DCE343AFE2DCEAA24ABD5

Full Path in my case is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\6BEFC 92F528DCE343AFE2DCEAA24ABD5

Step 6:
on Right panel, you will see Kerio control installation details. Look for a Key named "Transforms". That is the location of current version of kerio installed in your system

Step 7:
Copy the "Transform" value, not the full path but the value starting from "{" to "}".
Example:
Transforms = |C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\{F39AF671-778B-4F55- 91C6-30DA4BA54FBA}\1033.MST

Just copy the {F39AF671-778B-4F55-91C6-30DA4BA54FBA}

Step 8:
Install the old version of Kerio (the version you have in your system). This will extract the installation files to:
..\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\2"

Don't close the installation when it showed an error as it will automatically delete the extracted files.

Step 9:
Go to ..\AppData\Local\Temp\2 folder and duplicate the folder (alpha numeric) extracted by Kerio installation

Step 10:
Rename the duplicated extract folder based on the Transform value (the one that you copied in Step 7)

Step 11:
Go back to the installation, and click OK to abort / exit.

Step 12:
Go back to Add/Remove and remove the Kerio.

For Win2008/Vista/Win7 the temp folder is located in:
C:\User\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp

For older version (WinXP/2003)
C:\Document and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Temp
  •  
an2ny79

Back to my case.. I installed the latest version (released just awhile ago) over the problematic Patch 1.. it still failed.. This is frustrating.. I've been using Kerio for many years and I can't make it work!! Im afraid I will be stucked in 7.3.2 forever..

I love helping other with their prob but I can't help myself due to frustration.. what am I missing??? Sad
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

We will get in touch with you directly via e-mail and perhaps connect remotely to your infrastructure to investigate further.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
Previous Topic: Turn Off or Deactivate Firewall
Next Topic: Can't download files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:59:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.