Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OSX Apple Addressbook synchronisation groups (Synchronisation is not stady with groups)
  •  
Roman-CSM

Send a private message to this user
Hi together

Environment: Cento Kerio Connect 7.4.2, Mac OSX Clients 10.7.5 with Kerio Syncconnector

My Client wants to use the Addressbook from Apple, that's ok until you try to use the intelligent groups. When I generate the first groups it worked quite ok, but a while ago you can't really see where is the problem. You are adding People into a group by drag&drop in the Addressbook and after an hour they aren't there anymore, even if I tried to do it manually on every client. I also tried to add them in the Webmail over the category field (which seems to give Addressbook the group itself) however even that is not really working.

Sometimes you are waiting over an hour until you see some change, and sometimes just after a restart of the client.

I would really like to know:
1. Does somebody say Kerio Connect and Apple Addressbook with groups works fine?
2. What counts as last action (higher priority) for the syncing data?
3. Is there a way to properly start the syncprocess?

Thanks for your imput.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2012 17:48]

CS&M – we have about 25 happy customers with Kerio Connect, and like to keep it that way Smile
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Sync Connector for Mac can't synchronize groups to the server. In fact, there is no reason for using this tool with OS X 10.7 client. Just go to server's Integration page, download configuration tool, let it set up AddressBook with CardDAV account. With CardDAV the groups are synchronized as categories to contacts.
  •  
tonyswu

I think you have a few issues fixed up together. I find that:

1. Address Book (at least when using CardDAV account) will not save group information at subsequent changes, meaning if you move a contact into a group, change information on the contact, save it, the group information will disappear. This can be fixed if the group is entered in the webmail.
2. Using Kerio Sync Connector with more than a few devices is not a good idea.

I would recommend you to:

1. Stop using Kerio Sync Connector, and configure Address Book to use CardDAV using the configuration script downloaded from webmail.
2. Enter the group information in webmail under Category.
  •  
stk_jj

In fact: Kerio Connect does not respect any group assignments made on OS X 10.7. Addressbook (CardDAV connected). A simple editing of an addressbook entry gives a loss of all group assignments to me. I have about 50 to 60 groups and roundabout 1000 contacts with multiple assigments to a.m. groups. Or should I say: which had multiple assignments ... :-/

How can this be solved?
  •  
tonyswu

If your contacts already lost their group information, I would recommend you to coordinate a time with the affected parties, and wipe all contacts and recovered from backup. If you have to recover from client side, you could try using the Kerio Sync Connector on one machine and upload the contacts that way. And for future contacts, make sure users are aware that they have to edit the group information in the webmail.

I am hoping Kerio could address this too.
  •  
stk_jj

Again: we are talking about CardDAV, not syncing!
I gladly buried Kerio Sync Connector years ago.
Just to have the same trouble now with CardDAV !?
Previous Topic: Can you change the label names in Kerio Connect 7.0?
Next Topic: quota exceeds actual storage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:57:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.