Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Importing existing DHCP and DNS data from OSX Server
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are switching to Kerio Control for network services. We have been using OSX server 10.6 for DHCP and DNS services up to now.

Currently on OSX server we have about 120 reserved static addresses mapped in DHCP. We have almost 200 A and C names mapped in DNS.

Is there any way to transfer this data into Kerio Control without re-keying or copy/pasting?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Unfortunately no, there is no function provided via the admin console in Kerio Control to import this type of data (DHCP exclusions or hostnames.)

The Administration API could help on this to programatically import these data, unfortunately is not officially available for Kerio Control.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
fishtech

OK, thanks for clarification.
ft.
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

Circling back to this... have been putting this project off due to the large number of copy/pastes involved.

We have 200 reserved static addresses mapped in DHCP. We have almost 200 A and C names mapped in DNS.

I want to

1. Migrate my current schema from OSX Server to Control
  2. Verify operation as expected
  3. Change to a new IP range on the LAN.

So... I have a lot copy/pastes & clicks ahead of me to do this manually.

Since import/export is not possible is there any way to ssh into the system and nanually change the config files used for static/reserved IP addresses and DNS names?

In Kerio Operator appliance I can go System Health > [hold shift] > Tasks > Enable SSH to access the config files via ssh. Is there anything similar for Control?

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 16:13]

•  
fishtech

Quote:
In Kerio Operator appliance I can go System Health > [hold shift] > Tasks > Enable SSH to access the config files via ssh. Is there anything similar for Control?

Sorry - just realized the exact same feature is in Control.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
fishtech

Still looking for a way to import static/mapped IP addresses.

Still looking for a way to import 200+ DNS records.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

ft.
Previous Topic: Reverse Proxy - origin IP
Next Topic: Certificate chain using reverse proxy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:27:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00907 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.