Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Time of Sync (When KWS saves)
  •  
Klaus_dom

Send a private message to this user
Hi

It seems that KWS only saves files through the client when you close the file, both using "edit on my computer" and on synced folders.

Is there any planes to make KWS sync on save instead, since we have a lot of customers that just need a preview of files, while others are working on them. But they still need the latest update.
Which could come from the auto save function on eg. MS word and excel.

•  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

Hello,

the desktop client saves the file opened via "Edit on desktop" when the application used for editing is closed, the files from synchronized file libraries are synced whenever the file is changed.
  •  
Klaus_dom

hmm

I have been testing the client with sync'ed folders, and I haven't been able to make it save files when opened in word/excel until I close the files.

I have tried to wait up to 10 min to see the sync, but no sync has accrued according to the web-interface nor the client.
  •  
BudDurland

This might be a file locking problem. IIRC, when Word and Excel open a file, they open it for their exclusive use, so the KWS client can't grab the file to upload it.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Problems backing up to NFS share
Next Topic: Kerio workspace is not working at the weekends
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:37:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.