Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » File History import (sharepoint)
  •  
ike

Send a private message to this user
I would like to migrate to workspace from sharepoint. Some of our files have an extensive history in sharepoint. How would I migrate these files and their history into Kerio in some semi automated manner. Some of the files have a daily revision for several years.

Thanks,
David
  •  
ike

So I managed to extract the history from sharepoint for one file, ~500 revisions into a directory which the version number prepended to the filename.

I then subscribed to the document library wrote a perl script to copy each of the revisions into the sync directory on my pc; c:\users\me\Kerio Workspace\mylibrary\thefile.pdf

Unfortunately this doesn't work, the copies just fly by into an apparent bit bucket, the first or last one may happen but its not consistent.

Should this work? Is there somekind of delay going on so that it only looks in the sync directory every so often. Do I need to put some delay between copies?
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hello David,

this could be done using the API. Kerio Workspace has ability to read and write data in the store remotely, using JSON-RPC and HTTP.

If you are interested in more, please visit our Kerio Developer Zone and check out the Kerio APIs Client Library for PHP.

Main target is Kerio Connect but with a small piece of work you will be able to communicate also with your Kerio Workspace easily in PHP. 

The library has method like upload(file) which you can use for automated upload your local revisions.

Feel free to send me a reply with any help or have any questions!

Best regards,

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
ike

Perfect, I'll take a look.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hi David,

I just wanted to ask, how's it going? Were you able to upload the files via the API to Kerio Workspace?

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
ike

Miroslav,
Thank you for touching base.

I downloaded the examples and played with them a bit. It looks like I will have to reverse engineer the JASON-RPC api for Workspace via firebug? My next step was to look at this but have been side tracked with other priorities.

Question, does Kerio or its partners off professional services where we could contract to have a simple example done to upload a file to Workspace with metadata (historic date) and we could modify this to go forward?

David
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hi David,

ike wrote on Mon, 26 November 2012 15:15
It looks like I will have to reverse engineer the JASON-RPC api for Workspace via firebug?

Yes, this is option to see how's Kerio Workspace using the same API. Unfortunately, there is no official Kerio Workspace API documentation at this moment.

ike wrote on Mon, 26 November 2012 15:15
Question, does Kerio or its partners off professional services where we could contract to have a simple example done to upload a file to Workspace with metadata (historic date) and we could modify this to go forward?

Let me prepare some simple demonstration how to upload a file to Kerio Workspace. I'll be back to you soon. Smile

Thanks!

M.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

•  
ike

That would be fantastic. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Documentation
Next Topic: Port conflict with Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 18:21:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.