Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » remote web workplace (remote web workplace not working)
  •  
mja2112

Send a private message to this user
Hi All:

We are new with kerio and really like the product so far.
I just setup a new control box and have internet and email working ok. this customer uses remote web workplace (sbs 2003) and I'm having issues getting it all working.
I've forwarded all the ports (80 / 443 / 987 / 3389 / 444 / 4125 and nat them to the sbs server. If I go to the address https: //<cust external ip>/remote/logon.aspx - when I'm in the customers network - it works fine.
If I am outside the network I get the page cannot be displayed taking too long etc).
the rule is created : source: any / Destination: firewall / Service : <ports listed above) / Action: allow / Translation: MAP <local ip of sbs server

I have the email rule setup the same way and email works fine-
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read -
Mike
  •  
Goran

Huh...
1. you can't route same port on different machines...
2. check are those ports forwarded in router to your kerio?!

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
mja2112

Hi-
Thanks- the ports are only being forwarded to the sbs server- kerio wan is connected directly to internet

Not sure if i was clear- this is the kerio control hardware appliance 3110

[Updated on: Sun, 18 November 2012 05:38]

•  
silars

While this might break the ability to internally re-route to the SBS server, have you tried to set the "Source" to the WAN interface?

"Any" should logically work, but I'm actually not seeing the ability to revert a rule back to "Any" after changing it to something else (using 7.4). I can only designate "Any" on a new rule. You may be running into a bug or even an undocumented feature (also sometimes known as a bug).
  •  
mja2112

Figured this out so I figured I'd post the fix:

When we took this customer on, they had no firewall in place- their server was connected directly to the internet on a public IP. We installed the control box and moved the server to a private IP behind the kerio. Fixed the remote web workplace by re-running the internet and email wizard in sbs and changed the internet connection to 'behind a router' and RWW is now working. So it was not the kerio I'm happy to say- just didn't think the SBS through.

Thanks!
Mike
Previous Topic: Chinese subnet
Next Topic: Extra network not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 07:11:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.