Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sharing calendars with wives
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Some of my sales team have asked to be able to share their KC calendars with their wives.

Their wives do not have accounts on our KC server. The wives use a mix of Macs & PCs.

What is the best way to let the wives share the calendars?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
tonyswu

On Mac, you can use iCal to subscribe to the calendar. The wife will need to enter the husband's account credentials. The wife won't be able to change stuff on the calendar, so it's idea. Not sure how to do that on Windows.
  •  
fishtech

Thanks.

Should have mentioned - we'd prefer not to give out the passwords to wives.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
tonyswu

You can have iCal remembering the password, and the wives won't need to enter passwords therefore they don't need to know the passwords. Of course if one of the wives happen to be skilled on a Mac, they can grab the password from Keychain.

I can't think of any other way to allow outside access to a calendar.
  •  
rrisdal

You could create new user on the server like "WivesCalendar1" or whatever, restrict it so it can't send external email, give this user read-only access to the calendars you want them to see and have them log into webmail to view them, a bit of a kludge and it would use a user license but would let them view in a browser from any computer.
  •  
mpermann

They can get read only access to their calendar without the need for knowing the password. They just need to type in the correct URL for the calendar. For instance if the address to the kerio server is keriomail.mydomain.com and the username is jsmith the URL would be https://keriomail.mydomain.com/ical/mydomain.com/jsmith/Cale ndar and they can find this URL on the integration page once they've logged into their account. As the directions note though they will need to set the calendar folder's access rights to anonymous for this to work. Once that is done it should work without requiring credentials.
  •  
tonyswu

That's incorrect. It'll still prompt you for a username and password, unless you specifically add permission in your calendar folder to allow anonymous access. But if you do that, everyone who's on your Kerio server will see that person as a delegate, even users from other domains. It is particularly a problem in iCal, because users will suddenly see a delegate in there that they don't recognize. If your users don't use iCal, then perhaps it's not such a big issue.
  •  
mpermann

I just tested this on two different Macs (10.6.8 and 10.7.4) with my calendar and it allowed me to subscribe to my calendar without requiring me to enter any credentials. Of course I have my calendar set for anonymous access as previously stated. Not sure why this doesn't work for you tonyswu.
  •  
tonyswu

If you have your calendar set with anonymous access, then yes, you can subscribe to it without password. However, it is a problem for us because most of our clients use Mac, and in iCal if you go to the delegate section, it'll include every calendar the person has access to, even the anonymous access ones. So if I have my calendar set with anonymous access, clients on our mail server would be going, "WTF, who is this guy?" lol

This may not be a problem for the original poster, and if so your solution might be perfect for him.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2012 17:07]

Previous Topic: [Linux] Kerio Connect deployment
Next Topic: Negative TOTAL_SCORE in Junk Filter (getting too much spam)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 01:43:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00535 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.