Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » What is "unknown user" or "not connected" in stats? (Kerio statistic unknown user or not connected)
  •  
matteom81

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I'm using Kerio control to monitor internet usage in my company but I can't understand what are the "unknown user" and "not connected" that I see in the traffic report that kerio send my every night.

I've configured kerio to force user authentication (NTLM within my domain) so you can't browse the internet without kerio identify the user... so I really can't understand what are theese rows.

I've search in the manual but with no luck.
  •  
matteom81

Anyone from Kerio support here?
please
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

That option forces user authentication for HTTP traffic only. Traffic using any other protocol won't be required to authenticate first. For example, DNS look ups, SMTP, POP3, instant messaging, or even ping requests. If you want all traffic associated with a user. and if you use static IP addresses, then what I recommend is to edit each user account and, on the IP address tab, associate the user's IP address with the user account. You can then disable the option to require authentication. Any traffic from the client computers will be associated with a user account.
  •  
Nonsense

And in DHCP section, in lease tab reserve ip address physically by mac address =)
  •  
tauseef-it

to avoid unknown or not login users, you need to create users and set their IPs, quotas etc for each user.
http://www.kerio.com/sites/default/files/kcs-overall-statistics.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 00:10]

Previous Topic: Block facebook videos and games ?
Next Topic: Outlook 2007/2010 cannot receive pop emails behind Kerio Control
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 03:18:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.