Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Looking for an API writer who can connect a Steelcase RoomWizard to Kerio connect
  •  
mrn-mrc

Send a private message to this user
Hi all

We are wanting to get Kerio connect talking to a RoomWizard II ( by Stelcase ). Has anyone been able to do this or works for a company that would take this project on? ( we would pay )

Or

Is there a meeting room display system that Kerio connect does work with?

Please mail me back and lets chat

Many thanks

Marc
  •  
jo_moreware

Hi Marc,
we use an app Eventboard connected to an iPad - it works really well with Kerio Connects Resources.

~Jörgen
  •  
mrn-mrc

Hi Jörgen

I am wondering if you can explain how your setup with Eventboard. Does it allow a user to book the room from the iPad?

Marc
  •  
jo_moreware

I have prepared a description on how to set up the app EventBoard here:
www.moreware.se/_bilagor/kerioconnect/How_to_use_an_iOS_Devi ce_as_a_Meeting_Room_Display.pdf

I can guarantee that it is 100% correct. However, I have made an effort to make it as complete as possible.

I have only tried this on an old iPad 1, so it would be nice to hear how it works in kiosk mode with a newer iPad.

~Jörgen

[Updated on: Mon, 26 November 2012 16:15]

•  
macti

BTW, if you wish to have something to display events for specific rooms in a Web view, I wrote a Web app (in Java) that does that. It fetch the events by CalDAV, so it works with Kerio, iCal Server and all decent CalDAV implementations (a media school is using it to display all courses on a Apple Cinema Display connected to a MacPro).
  •  
mrn-mrc

That sounds like a great addition

I dont suppose you would let me have the code so I can set up a demo

Smile

Marc
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hello guys,
we do support only for Outlook for Mac 2011 and other clients (using the EWS protocol) may not work as expected. We recommend to use other - open protocol - like CalDAV.

Anyway, I would recommend to give a try to the EventBoard. Many thanks to Jörgen for sharing the guide! Very helpful.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

macti wrote on Mon, 26 November 2012 15:48
BTW, if you wish to have something to display events for specific rooms in a Web view, I wrote a Web app (in Java) that does that. It fetch the events by CalDAV, so it works with Kerio, iCal Server and all decent CalDAV implementations (a media school is using it to display all courses on a Apple Cinema Display connected to a MacPro).

Interesting! Could you please share some more information? Do you have any website of this project?

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
macti

Miroslav Osladil (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 26 November 2012 16:03
macti wrote on Mon, 26 November 2012 15:48

Interesting! Could you please share some more information? Do you have any website of this project?

No Web site yet, but I will set up a public demo before the end of the year (I'm adding support for MS Exchange, by EWS, too). The app allow you to select which calendars you wish to display and the refresh is done every 60 seconds. It display the summary (title), the note, start and end time of the event, and the location. Each event is color-identified (the color have to be set in iCal). You can also post images that will displayed in rotation with the events, so if you need to pass a message (to say that a course is in a different room, or something else) you can by posting an image.

I'm also working on another Web application (for the same school) that list all rooms from a CalDAV server to allow easy viewing of availability (the school was using TeamAgenda mainly because it have a nice view to see all resources in a single window, and I'm writing this app so that they can move to iCal Server).
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Great! Definitely looking forward. Razz

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

•  
macti

For EventBoard, it works by using the calendar accounts set on the iOS device, so you can see events from a CalDAV or MS Exchange (by ActiveSync) server.
Previous Topic: Add Vcard to mailboxes
Next Topic: Restricted distribution list
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:36:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00534 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.