Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Qualify=yes
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Can somebody tell me if Kerio qualifies registrations to the SIP provider? I believe that qualify=yes directive needs to be set.
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Not for the SIP provider. See this output of /etc/asterisk/sip.conf in Kerio Operator:

SIP provider
[i-XXXXXXXX-outbound]
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
context=i-sip2-isphone-com-au-outbound
directmedia=no
insecure=port,invite
language=en_US
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=speex
allow=ilbc
allow=g722
allow=g726
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
host=sip2.isphone.com.au
defaultuser=XXXXXXXX
secret=XXXXXXXX
fromdomain=sip2.isphone.com.au

Local Extension
[XXX]
type=friend
context=sip-locals
secret=XXXXXX
callerid=XXXXXX XXXX <XXX>
mailbox=XXX@sip-locals
language=en_US
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=speex
allow=ilbc
allow=g722
allow=g726
nat=no
qualify=no
callgroup=4
pickupgroup=4
transport=udp,tcp
host=dynamic
directmedia=no
dtmfmode=auto
call-limit=100
maxexpiry=120

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
88fingerslukee

How can we get access to tweaks like this? It seems to me that even though KO is aimed at organizations without dedicated IT personnel it could still offer the robustness of the complete Asterisk system.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

We encountered SIP carriers in the past who disliked the qualify=yes setting.
Why do you need it?

Vladimir
  •  
88fingerslukee

Well, it seems to be a better alternative to indiscriminately increasing my UDP timeouts across the board on my firewall.

Without the UDP timeout increase, I get intermittent call quality issues (one-way audio specifically). While the timeout thing works, it does create extra work for the firewall. I was hoping to experiment with the qualify=yes setting to see if it would help in the same way but without transferring the overhead.

My current setup seems to be working fine, so it's not like it's a big deal at the moment.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Why don't you dedicate several UDP ports (4 times the max. number of calls) and map them to the internal address? This way you won't have to bother with any timeouts at all.

Filip
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.0.3
Next Topic: Install beta on production box?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:43:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00377 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.